Recruiting Football Talk VII

Are hardcore LV fans really this big of snowflakes?

They’re no different than “hardcore Vol football fans” - many were pretty upset about our football coach hire but after a bit, got behind him. The same will happen with the Lady Vol basketball fans. The only difference was there was no love lost for Pruitt. It hurt my heart that Kellie couldn’t bring us back - they love her because she’s a LVFL. Please give them time. We are all Vols, even if we have our favorite Vol team. (I’m an Everything Vols but the Lady Vols do have a special place in my heart. One day, over a beer, I’ll tell y’all why.)

Edit: as a previous poster said, there are a couple of folks in the LV Forum who remind me of bruin but most are just fans expressing frustrations out loud. I’ve been lurking over there and most are coming around to the “let’s just get behind her and give her a chance…”

I think Hurley system is the best while Oats is the next best system…. i guess that when Barnes retires that we will have a coach that runs something similar to Oats.
And then everybody will complain we don't play defense and you can't win championships without good defense.

Reactions: Glitch
Game(s) is the point. Dozens of them in combination, sure. Just rarely any single game. Hell, you go to play someone and get 3 attempts lol.

As opposed to football where you can't lose more than 1 (if even 1 with divisions) and basketball where 4 or 5 losses is pushing it and the finish to the reg season is thrilling for the SEC title where every game is crucial. We already have 5 losses and could still easily win the league...

Same as MLB. So many games, it's not must-watch tv. Though I do love watching them play. Vandy...Arky...LSU...I'll tune in for 1 or 2 of the 3 games. But not dedicating friday nights and saturdays like it's a saturday in the fall or winter in bb playing our rivals. It's still college baseball/softball, not a big 3.
They may play three game series but no two games are the same because the pitching changes every game. That's what makes it interesting. If your best pitching threw once a week in one game vs. each conference team schedule the best teams would have loss totals similar to football. In baseball you truly test the strength of the entire team. The World Series is a true test of who is the best team unlike March Madness where one player can change the outcome on any given night.

Appreciate what you do here, but this commentary absolutely misses the point and beauty of this portion of scripture.

This isn’t remotely about my triumphs, it’s all about Christ’s.

We have indeed all gone astray, and that’s something far more than making a few mistakes and wandering. We’ve rebelled against a holy God and in response he sent his son to take our place and be treated as a traitor in our stead for those who believe.

Thank you for sharing the scripture though. So good to dwell on the fact that my iniquities have been laid on Christ and been paid for forever.

Also, fun fact. The Old Testament primarily uses three words when talking about sin:

Sin - missing the mark. There’s a standard set by God and we absolutely didn’t hit it.

Transgression - crossing the line. For all the things we shouldn’t have done that we did anyway.

But why? Not just because we slipped up, or forgot his commands. Iniquity refers to the twistedness in us that craves rebellion against God - to be our own authority. We not only fall into sin, but as part of our natural state we love it.

According to Isaiah 53, that was taken by Christ (along with all sin), and that just about brings me to tears. That Christ would receive the just reward for that kind of twistedness. Praise God!
Giving it a like isn’t good enough. I love this post

VN Store

Back