The Official Mizzou @ Tennessee Series Thread (Thurs. April 25 7:30PM EST SEC NET) (Fri. April 26 6:30PM EST SECNET+) (Sat. April 27 Noon EST SECNET)

Causey - K.

Base hit to LF.

Base hit up the middle to CF.

*Runners on 2B and 1B with 1 out*

Ground out to SS.

*Runners on 3B and 2B with 2 outs*

AJ Causey's day is done after 90 pitches and 6 K's. Dallas to the mound for UT.

Fly out to CF.

UT pitchers finish with 9 K's on the day.

Mizzou is out of outs.

VOLS WIN 10-1!!! Hello, win column!! UT extends their winning streak to 4 games!

Game 2 tomorrow.

I have a question, I’ll be driving on Saturday during game time. I should be able to listen to the game from the UT app, yes?

I don’t know about the app. Two ways I listen to it when I am on the road, 99.1 the sports animal on iHeartRadio app and, when it’s not on 99.1, I listen to it through the utsports.com website.

I don't see us hitting 73 more in the games we have left.
Even if we don’t break the record we will break their record of home runs/game. They averaged 2.69 in 1997. We are averaging 2.88 currently. We came into tonight’s game averaging 2.8 so it’s not crazy to think we keep up that pace. It’s just going to come down to how deep of a run we have. If we make another SECT Championship and CWS run then that’s roughly 24-26 games depending on how the Regionals/Supers shake out (we have played exactly 68 games each of the previous 3 seasons). We would finish with roughly 190-196 homers if we are fortunate enough to play that many.

If we end up playing the same amount of games as the 2022 team at our current pace we would end up scoring 73 more runs, 27 more hits, 11 more doubles, 32 more home runs, and 97 more total bases, all while having 61 less AB. Long story short, this offense is pretty historic. And that’s saying a lot considering how great that 2022 team was…

VN Store

Back