2024 Transfer Portal Thread

It’s not just the pairing of Onyenso with Sears and Nelson that “moves the needle” it’s everything else around that as well. They’ve put together an extremely deep roster, and if Sears does return, there won’t be many holes on that team. The way Nelson played to finish out the season is kind of what most expected him to look like most of the year when they landed him. If they get 75% of NCAA Tournament Nelson consistently throughout the upcoming season, they’re going to be extremely difficult to handle.
I think they were missing that one big that could protect the rim and they could potentially land it. That program is rolling like ours. Look out for them as long as Oats is there.

Dude did the literal same thing last year, like chill out and be patient like everyone with a clue said to.
It’s not like we’ve hit some grand slam so far this cycle. It was a cluster **** early on, sure they’ve rebounded but it’s certainly not been worth throwing a party over lol.

The KD Johnson thing was clearly a joke.

And I like how you add in “don’t take it personal” when your first comment in this back and forth was basically calling me an idiot by saying I know nothing about basketball.
You don’t but I don’t think you are an idiot more like ignorant…if you think essentially the same bama team that had trouble beating good teams during the season and went on a Mickey Mouse run to the final four as some dangerous team I have to question your judgement add in the fact they are about to use their last scholarship available to the Kentucky transfer who was not good…yeah idk what else to say here

It’s not like we’ve hit some grand slam so far this cycle. It was a cluster **** early on, sure they’ve rebounded but it’s certainly not been worth throwing a party over lol.
We didnt “rebound” because it was on going process. Barnes and UT have a plan and are executing it. Sorry they didn’t inform you of the plan.

I had just heard he was someone we evaluated and liked and were in contact with…not sure how far it got or if that stopped. I know @onfocusgovols sure seemed to think he was a major target.
I had just heard he was someone we evaluated and liked and were in contact with…not sure how far it got or if that stopped. I know @onfocusgovols sure seemed to think he was a major target.

Hey man, I just had heard that some staff liked him and had interest in him. I know there's a difference in being in contact with a prospect and a prospect being recruited as a priority target... I just knew that the staff had really liked him as a prospect so Barnes had gave them the go to be in communication... that's where my knowledge of that situation comes to an end. 😃

Edit: I am excited to find out which young point guard we end up getting a commitment from. Go VOLS 🍊

Last edited:
You don’t but I don’t think you are an idiot more like ignorant…if you think essentially the same bama team that had trouble beating good teams during the season and went on a Mickey Mouse run to the final four as some dangerous team I have to question your judgement add in the fact they are about to use their last scholarship available to the Kentucky transfer who was not good…yeah idk what else to say here

“Idiot” or “ignorant” pick your poison. I would suggest that calling someone either of those adjectives is insulting them and, again, an illustration of your inability to learn from your past discussions on this board.

The bold-faced comment tells me all I need to know about your maturity, which explains a lot.

“Idiot” or “ignorant” pick your poison. I would suggest that calling someone either of those adjectives is insulting them and, again, an illustration of your inability to learn from your past discussions on this board.

The bold-faced comment tells me all I need to know about your maturity, which explains a lot.
I stopped replying once he said “UNC”

That told me everything.

I stopped replying once he said “UNC”

That told me everything.

I figured I would try one last time to point out his behavior, but that was my last comment as well lol.

Anyone who seriously uses the term “Mickey mouse run” is clearly a child. Not sure I know any real adult who uses that phrase to try and make a substantive argument.

Landing Cade Tyson & Lanier, which didn’t happen. Which is fine, but as I said not worth throwing a party over. Missing out on Lanier would be very bad.
Landing three immediate impact players all within the top 100 transfers out of over 1,000 transfers is in fact something to celebrate about...
And they are not just random good players to throw together - but they are all players that give us something that we are missing and something that we desperately need....
And if you believe somehow none of our six returning players will be any good or develop then I would like to inform you that it is highly likely that these players will in fact develop and carry some of that production that we have lost....
Not 100% of production lost is replaced within the portal and that is just common sense, that happens every year, returning players get better and develop more and produce more with more minutes... Guys like Mashack Carr & Estrella are three guys who I believe will make a bigger impact than last year... Estrella & Carr was not even in rotation but they are both extremely skilled offensive players who are more than capable of playing defense - they will in fact carry some of that production that we have lost even if they only get 12 to 17 minutes a game as a sophomore....

Yes the portal has been our friend...
And yes we will have a really good team...

I figured I would try one last time to point out his behavior, but that was my last comment as well lol.

Anyone who seriously uses the term “Mickey mouse run” is clearly a child. Not sure I know any real adult who uses that phrase to try and make a substantive argument.
I can’t talk too much on his behavior because I’ve had my fair share of whiny and ******* moments, but that was wild like I know I’m stupid, but at least tell me why lol

I can’t talk too much on his behavior because I’ve had my fair share of whiny and ******* moments, but that was wild like I know I’m stupid, but at least tell me why lol

I’m just waiting for him to tell me which SEC team will actually be the favorite to win the SEC if it’s not Alabama. Since he has such insightful knowledge, I’d love to be educated on who the actual favorite will be.

You brought up “Idiot” not me. I never once called you names to support whatever argument you have…But nobody has to agree with your assessment and the fact your only retort is to question my ethics on the board shows it’s not even worth having a discussion about bama basketball on a UT board.

But if you do again I will continue to provide my opinion and yes it was a Mickey Mouse run and most ppl with basketball knowledge recognize it but I do respect making it I guess if moral victories matter

I’m just waiting for him to tell me which SEC team will actually be the favorite to win the SEC if it’s not Alabama. Since he has such insightful knowledge, I’d love to be educated on who the actual favorite will be.
We are… media might disagree but they are usually wrong like you and trippie are on the regular on here so it’s no big deal

In my opinion the top 5-6 teams will be
UK, Arky, UT, Texas, Bama. (No order)

Would say A&M, but not sure who they have returning, and not sure on Auburn either.

Oh I can go all day in not defending bama lol

Chris Youngblood and Houston Mallette two guys that bama brought in to replace Estrada, Griffen, and Pringle. I wouldn’t consider that a wash production wise…

Holloway has a long ways to go in development

Ugonna terrible 5 from Kentucky

The freshman class always are unknowns, and experience trumps

Do you guys watch basketball outside of Tennessee? Honest question because this was too easy

Also I didn’t insult anybody unless disagreeing with “group think” is insulting?
You literally said he had no clue about basketball. You may disagree with his opinion, but Mookie pays attention and knows sports. People can disagree nicely.

Excellent. Our frontcourt is set for next year. Probably deeper group than what we had this year. Arguably a touch better defensively. Definitely more length on the court so should have better shot-blocking/altering ability. Rebounding, may be a wash but potentially better. Doesn't have the "guy" like DK, who can carry an offense by himself, but nice complementary pieces who hopefully are more consistent each game on offense. Dubar the best proven scorer in the group and hope he can give us 14+ per game. Carr with the most upside so very important for him to develop this summer.

Next year:
Okpara, Estrella, Milicic, Dubar, Mashack, Carr......maybe C. Phillips on occasion

Last year:
Aidoo, Awaka, JJJ, DK, Mashack......Estrella and C. Phillips on occasion

You literally said he had no clue about basketball. You may disagree with his opinion, but Mookie pays attention and knows sports. People can disagree nicely.
Could've fooled me. Yes individuals should respectively disagree you're absolutely correct.

A huge amount of I know more than you goes on message boards. Keyboard warriors.

Reactions: VolGee4
I wish for just once, Tennessee could have one of those "Mickey Mouse" runs to the Final Four. Is there a Fast Pass line for that?

VN Store

Back