Recruiting Football Talk VII

Dude was a beast wrestler in high school. Eventually quit due to gaining too much football weight. Probably would have contended for a NCAA championship if he had stayed with it, judging by his results at national high school tournaments

I’ve played and watched a lot of baseball. You can’t be rewarded for a bad throw. I don’t care about any rule that restricts a runner from simply doing his job.
I don’t mind the rule and I don’t care if they change the rule…. It’s a player safety rule to prevent the first baseman…. We taught the running lane to our rec ball team…. Its not like Christian Moore didn’t know or understand the rule.

This is awesome, but Micah also has the advantage of a 2 step bull rush and not wearing the belt. So the sumo wrestler has nothing to grab ahold of for leverage. In the second round, Micah grabs the sumo's belt and uses that to his advantage.

But forreal this is cool. I wish more athletes did this to gain respect for other lesser-known sports.
he is a gump and is used to holding

When our aggressive hitters are willing to dial it back and go opposite field on outside pitches, good things happen. Ensley ignited it with two pull swings down the LF line. The UF pitchers saw that he was a weaker hitter statistically and did not respect his ability to turn on the fastballs. He made them pay. But even he went opposite field on his HR (along with C-Mo and Blake) because they pitched on the outside half. The other guys hit opposite field starting about half way through the game as well.

That's all you need to do to pull out these mini-slumps. We have some absolute mashers who can take it out to all fields. They just need to stay disciplined and be willing to go the other way.

Last edited:
I don’t mind the rule and I don’t care if they change the rule…. It’s a player safety rule to prevent the first baseman…. We taught the running lane to our rec ball team…. Its not like Christian Moore didn’t know or understand the rule.
The runner should have the “right of way” if that’s what you want to call it. As long as the runner doesn’t make some unusual movement to initiate the contact, it’s dumb. Just like the call in the softball game against Bama last weekend. You can’t reward a bad throw, and that’s what it is in the base path. There is a scenario where the runner literally has no choice.

VN Store

Back