Alexis Johnson arrested (merged/updated 4/21)

kid had the ball in his hands and dropped it. his choice, bad one. now hes got to deal with repercussions. again. if guilty. we dont know if its case or not. we know he was arrested but hes not guilty.

Yep. We need to be preparing ourselves for the fact that people high up at UT are about to lose their jobs and our national image is going to take a big hit for the foreseeable future.

Need to get rid of whoever hired cheek. Leadership stinks at UT. Weak and loser like

Reactions: 1 person
Exactly, someone high up HAS to lose their job whether they're at fault or not in order to save face.

I think the mostly likely candidate is Hart. Not only does that give the university a fall guy, but it partially pacifies the Lady Vol crowd that is hard after him.

Need to get rid of whoever hired cheek. Leadership stinks at UT. Weak and loser like

I'm not a big fan of Cheek, either, but how in the world is this stuff his fault? I'm not even sure who the Chancellor was during my time at UT. But, I know with certainty that he had no bearing on my personal decisions/actions.

Reactions: 15 people

The higher ups at UT are mostly terrible. We've all pretty much known it for a while. Maybe this gives UT the opportunity to clean house and really get some people in who will not make the university a national embarrassment.

Proof-That-Things-Can-Always-Get-Worse.jpg

:banghead2: :banghead2: :banghead2: :banghead2:

That house that's burning. UT owns it.

Reactions: 13 people
Gonna have to be some serious change (fire Cheek) and UT needs to show they are trying to correct problems (publicly show that Butch puts them through seminars and such) to get the heat off of the University. Then after that, the media needs a story that's fresh and just as bad as this s**t.

With any luck, most people unaffiliated with our football program will see 'Tennessee player arrested' and won't read the articles, thinking it's not a new incident. Because seriously, you can't make this **** up!

I think the mostly likely candidate is Hart. Not only does that give the university a fall guy, but it partially pacifies the Lady Vol crowd that is hard after him.

Yep, Hart or Cheek is gone. And, Butch is going to catch national pressure like he has never felt before. If I was him I would get out in front of it, and hold a press conference tomorrow.

I don't know if there's ever been a string of sexual related issues pop up within a weeks time affecting past, recent present, and future players for a single program in the history of sports.. Bad bad look. Butch needs to take control of this ****.

Butch can do only so much.. Now if he could just lock them up in a dorm surrounded by razor ribbon and barbed wire... few marksmen. That would keep the news quiet for a few days anyway. Thugs do find a way.:no:

"According to arrest records, a female victim told police she was at Johnson’s apartment around 3 a.m. on February 14. She said she had dated and had sexual encounters with him in the past.

The victim said she and Johnson were “play fighting” and things escalated and he tried to choke her, saying she almost passed out. She also said Johnson tried to touch and kiss her, despite her repeated statements that she did not want to have sex.

Eventually, according to the report, the victim says Johnson blocked the bedroom door, keeping her from exiting and threatening physical violence."

Vols football player arrested on aggravated assault, false imprisonment charges | WATE 6 On Your Side

Of all the times to do this, he picks NOW?!?!?! Oh my f'ing word. The Peyton story is obviously a crock of crap, but the more we do stuff like this (Mack Crowder and now Alexis Johnson) the more credible it seems that we do have larger issues as a program. And of all the other less bad times for this to come out, it comes out NOW. So immensely frustrating.

Reactions: 3 people
The higher ups at UT are mostly terrible. We've all pretty much known it for a while. Maybe this gives UT the opportunity to clean house and really get some people in who will not make the university a national embarrassment.

Who hires the ppl? I feel like ppl higher are weak. Boosters and all. Weak and loser like.

VN Store

Back