Kingsley Okoroh

Volfan2012

Kingsley Okoroh will sign with Vols Wednesday. He is 7'1" 250 pounds. He averaged 18 points 12 rebounds and 8 blocks as a high school senior. Vols beat out Nebraska, Utah, Portland, and Gonzaga to get Mr Okoroh.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 people
I mentioned him months back, Martin was in Arizona to see him recently, expect a big push here as well as Rhett. Okoroh is 7'1" and athletic, he's also a prep school kid so he'll have full eligibility. He's the type of "project" you want.

In the European under-18 championships in 2013, Okoroh averaged 9.1 points, 10.8 rebounds and 2.7 blocks in nine games.

Last edited:
Hmmm seems like the most promising 7 footer brought up here on VN in recent years IMO.

I'm not sure what he would bring to the table next year, but IMO he's a guy who's the type of big you take and hope to improve. You can't teach height, UCONN has made a living off of these types of players.

You can look at him and see his upside. He is athletic unlike the last guy we brought in to play a post this guy definitely looks the part. I think CCM could develop him into a great player.

Reactions: 2 people
I'm not sure what he would bring to the table next year, but IMO he's a guy who's the type of big you take and hope to improve. You can't teach height, UCONN has made a living off of these types of players.

Was just about to post this. Kind of players that annoy the heck out of opposing fans.

You can look at him and see his upside. He is athletic unlike the last guy we brought in to play a post this guy definitely looks the part. I think CCM could develop him into a great player.

Man the Pops hate club keeps growing.

Man the Pops hate club keeps growing.

Not any hate for the guy at all. I have seen him on the floor he is thirty pounds overweight and didn't see any skills that really made me say wow!!!. I bet he is a great guy, but the truth is the truth.

Those "wtf who is that guy" African dudes they get from no where that block everything in sight lol.

Amida Brimah was an unknown with 0 major offers when he committee to UCONN. Now after his freshman season he already has NBA GMs talking.

If the guy is really 7'1 and 250, he's a must offer basically. There's a big difference between being 6'10 and 7'1 when it comes to defending the rim and shooting over people. 6'8 to 6'10 is fairly common in college, 7'1 really is not.

Plus this guy at least played minutes at all his stops and had decent stats.

Like the fact that he is 7'1", but his game needs lots of work. His vertical rivals that of Larry Bird.

He has already been offered by Tennessee and also has offers from Gonzaga, Nebraska, and several other schools. CCM went to see him about four weeks ago and if he wants to come to Tennessee he will be accepted it is all up to him.

Reactions: 2 people
The late period starts in five days. Early period is in November.

Yes whatever know that a signing period starts on April 16th and goes through most of May. I expect if we add any players will be before the end of April. We already have our targets will see what happens.

Like the fact that he is 7'1", but his game needs lots of work. His vertical rivals that of Larry Bird.

He has a better vertical than stokes. Besides when you are over 7 feet tall you do not need a big vertical. I think he is worthy of a scholly. Hope he signs with the Vols!!! Much more upside that Pops.

He has already been offered by Tennessee and also has offers from Gonzaga, Nebraska, and several other schools. CCM went to see him about four weeks ago and if he wants to come to Tennessee he will be accepted it is all up to him.

Nebraska is likely the biggest competition

Who the hell would want to play bball at Nebraska?
Good grief. If he is even considering that place, then he is not a player.

Yes because Nebraska wasn't in the NCAAT last year, they're just horrible, clearly not a program on the rise.

I think he meant more that it was located in Nebraska . I can't imagine anyone going to Nebraska on purpose unless they have to

VN Store

Back