Maymon,Stokes,McRae all support Martin to Cal

DocVol

@Josh_Ward: Former Vols guard Jordan McRae RT @JordyMac52: Can't treat people any kind of way and expect good in return. #truth #boom

Reactions: 45 people
If Jordy wants any kind of legacy at UT (which he may not), he'd be best advised not to throw gas on a fire.

Reactions: 14 people
Good Coach not great but good, good role model, cared about his players, players stayed out of trouble, showed his players how to become men. I think we had a WINNER in Coach Martin. Best of Luck to you and your family.

Reactions: 34 people
Fans have a right to "treat" the coach any way they choose. Where there's thousands of fans, you'll get thousands of responses. The coach is hired to get results, and he largely underachieved during his time here.

I like the guy but I think this will be best for both parties. Best of luck to X-CCM.

Reactions: 11 people
If Jordy wants any kind of legacy at UT (which he may not), he'd be best advised not to throw gas on a fire.

I think this is an excellent observation. Apparently, CCM got his feelings hurt this past year and Jordan felt the need to defend him but he needs to be careful. Also, all that "CCM is a class act" will end if he suggests, in any manner, that this move was due to the fan response this past year. Dave Hart needs a big time hire.

Reactions: 1 person
BasketballTime in TN ‏@BBallTimeMag 39s
RT @JeronneMaymon: Not even surprised... It was just a matter of time! #RESPECT

Reactions: 12 people
Wow...that's class. Hey, lets forget about the thousands that actually supported that coach and this team even though they were grossly underperforming at times. Pay me a million $ and you can start any petition you want and even call my momma names if you want to. Im over it. Your an ignorant redneck if you wanted Counzo gone, and a kool aid drinker if you supported him...so theres no win here. Lets say for the sake of conversation, there was no petition, and this team continued to play as they had, and squeaked into the tourney and was knocked out in the first round....fans are fans, we want to win, sometimes we take things too far, but you get paid the big bucks, and when you are successful we will support you till death and name roads after you, if you are at least halfway successful we will support you and hope for better next season......the petition came out during a time when this team looked to be lucky to make it into the NIT, and when the team started winning, most of the fans got behind them...and was supportive and thankful for their efforts and a great run.

Reactions: 10 people
Makes things crystal clear.

Gary Parrish ‏@GaryParrishCBS
That UT players seem to be publicly siding with Cuonzo Martin should tell you they didn’t like the way their coach was treated.

Jarnell Stokes ‏@JarnellStokes
@GaryParrishCBS agreed

My response to that is that they shouldn't have waited until the end of the year to start playing then.

Last edited:
Reactions: 40 people
Fans have a right to "treat" the coach any way they choose. Where there's thousands of fans, you'll get thousands of responses. The coach is hired to get results, and he largely underachieved during his time here.

I like the guy but I think this will be best for both parties. Best of luck to X-CCM.

Agreed. How would you get treated by your customers if your 1.3 mil/year sales job resulted in sub-par products. He was treated poorly because his product was poor.

Reactions: 11 people
Sounds like you're just mad that his players liked him more than you did and now that he's defended you get defensive. Sounds like the exact same thing when players defended Fulmer.

Surprised you showed up today. Has to be one of the darkest days of your life.

Reactions: 6 people
Make things crystal clear.

Gary Parrish ‏@GaryParrishCBS
That UT players seem to be publicly siding with Cuonzo Martin should tell you they didn’t like the way their coach was treated.

Jarnell Stokes ‏@JarnellStokes
@GaryParrishCBS agreed

My response to that is that they shouldn't have waited until the end of the year to start playing then.

You all clearly don't understand basketball. The team played well all year. The numbers bare that out. KenPom--whom every single coach in the nation respects--had UT in the top ten all year. They beat the hell out of UVA by 35 points.

They had a couple of unlucky losses. THat happens in short seasons.

Our fanbase--once again--gets what it deserves.

Reactions: 14 people

VN Store

Back