Bama Scout

vol66

GBO!!!
Staff member
Alabama - RPI 21, SOS 33, 26-11 (10-5), 5-6 Away

Tennessee - RPI 18, SOS 32, 24-11 (6-9), 17-4 Home

Alabama currently has the best record in the conference. They haven't had a "BAD" loss since February. They have had many good wins but a home sweep of Ole Miss takes the cake. They won both mid week games and took the Auburn series last weekend, at home, 2-1. Six of their eleven losses were road games.

PITCHING

Friday: Spencer Turnbull (Jr. RHP) 1.71 ERA, 4-2 w/l, 52.2 IP, 35 H, 12 R, 10 ER, 23 BB, 40 SO, BAA .194

Spencer Turnbull will make the start on Friday and enters the series with a 4-2 record and a 1.71 ERA, which ranks eighth in the SEC.

Last year he was the Sunday starter and against us he went 7 IP, 9 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 2 BB, 1 SO, picked up the win in a brutal 15-1 game.

Saturday: Justin Kamplain (Jr. LHP) 3.57 ERA, 3-2 w/l, 53 IP, 38 H, 25 R, 21 ER, 17 BB, 51 SO, BAA .201

Justin Kamplain (3-2, 3.57 ERA), who will start on Saturday, was the SEC Pitcher of the Week last week and leads the team and ranks sixth in the SEC with 51 strikeouts.

Obviously, that's a pretty good SO/BB ratio.

Last year he gave up 2 runs on 2 hits in 1.2 innings.

Sunday: Jon Keller (Jr. LHP) 1.86 ERA, 5-1 w/l, 53.1 IP, 43 H, 14 R, 11 ER, 10 BB, 38 SO, BAA .230

Jon Keller (5-1, 1.86 ERA) leads the team with five wins and will make his seventh start of the season on Sunday.

Last year he went 5 IP giving up 4 hits, 3 runs, 2 earned, 3 walks and 3 K's in a 7-6 loss.

Out of the Pen

Thomas Burrows has six out of the seven Saves, ERA 0.82 through 22 IP.

Nick Eicholtz - ERA 1.23 through 36 IP.

Tucker Hawley - ERA 0.68 though 26.2 IP

Ray Castillo - ERA 2.59 through 24.1

At The Plate

CF - Georgie Salem, .302 *leads team with most hits

SS - Mikey White, .295

RF - Ben Moore, .286 *leads team in runs and SB's

2B - Kyle Overstreet, .294

DH Wade Wass, .301 * leads team in Extra bases, 13 DBL's

1B - Austen Smith, .355

3B - Chance Vincent, .259 *leads team with 8 E's

C -Will Haynie, .188

LF - Hunter Webb, .297

Team BA - .282

Fielding % - .972

41 Errors

Summary

I don't think anybody would have predicted that Alabama would be leading the SEC at the half way mark. Needless to say, this is a huge series for us at home. They have a more experienced pitching staff...it's kind of the same thing every week isn't it...

I've stopped thinking of winning the series and avoiding sweeps...every single win we can gather, we are going to need. We are 6-9 in the SEC with 15 SEC games to go and we need to get to double digit wins, probably 11 to have a chance at Hoover. Every game is going to have to be an all out, hold nothing back, dog fight.

It's one game at a time from here on out in my opinion. No better time to start than a home game with the Tide. We need to pack LNS this weekend, it's s'pose to be perfect weather last I checked.

GBO!!! BEAT BAMA!!!

Reactions: 1 person
I've stopped thinking of winning the series and avoiding sweeps...every single win we can gather, we are going to need. We are 6-9 in the SEC with 15 SEC games to go and we need to get to double digit wins, probably 11 to have a chance at Hoover. Every game is going to have to be an all out, hold nothing back, dog fight.

On one level you're right. Avoiding sweeps will get us 11 wins. Mizzou got into the SEC tournament with 10 last year.

However, the pack is bunched much more tightly this year. The cut line may be a win or two higher this year.

Also, our RPI is 19 after 35 games. Let's not give up on an NCAA berth yet.

On one level you're right. Avoiding sweeps will get us 11 wins. Mizzou got into the SEC tournament with 10 last year.

However, the pack is bunched much more tightly this year. The cut line may be a win or two higher this year.

Also, our RPI is 19 after 35 games. Let's not give up on an NCAA berth yet.

I don't disagree and I haven't given up on anything, I can assure you of that. You make a good point regarding "the pack" and I could see that going either way.

I picked 11 based on last year, knowing that Mizzou made it with 10 and we didn't make it with 9.

Everything is still there for the taking...we need to start taking and not waiting on other teams to give it to us. Waiting puts you at the mercy of mother nature, like last year.

cant win a series against UGA after winning the first game. So i dont have much faith in this weekend.

VN Store

Back