Pig Howard Reinstated!!

On offense, the base formation uses three receivers. With any combination of Malone, Howard, North, Croom, Pearson, plus our tight ends, opposing defenses will have to play honest... No double-teaming.

Reactions: 1 person
Haha I knew that would bring you out.

Haha. Yeah, just lurking about. I'm happy for both Alton and the team that he's back. Just think that Pearson will play ahead of him and others will push him for playing time as well.

Haha. Yeah, just lurking about. I'm happy for both Alton and the team that he's back. Just think that Pearson will play ahead of him and others will push him for playing time as well.

I will politely disagree. Alton has more experience and has shown he can make plays.

I think Pearson backs him up. I'm also hoping we see Ryan Jenkins.

Having depth is cool.

Reactions: 8 people
On offense, the base formation uses three receivers. With any combination of Malone, Howard, North, Croom, Pearson, plus our tight ends, opposing defenses will have to play honest... No double-teaming.

Exactly, it's gonna be like trying to plug a leaking dike and quick hand off running plays will be more effective. :yes:

I will politely disagree. Alton has more experience and has shown he can make plays.

I think Pearson backs him up. I'm also hoping we see Ryan Jenkins.

Having depth is cool.

You don't think that the circumstances of Alton's dismissal drops him to the bottom of the depth chart going into to fall camp? Pearson is a bigger, more athletically gifted player than Pig and appears to have big play potential....something we've never really seen from Pig.

I'm looking forward to seeing Jenkins as well. Also heard that Johnson had a great spring per Coach Z. I guess maybe we'll just disagree. Either way, it's very nice to know we have multiple talented options at slot this year.

You don't think that the circumstances of Alton's dismissal drops him to the bottom of the depth chart going into to fall camp? Pearson is a bigger, more athletically gifted player than Pig and appears to have big play potential....something we've never really seen from Pig.

I'm looking forward to seeing Jenkins as well. Also heard that Johnson had a great spring per Coach Z. I guess maybe we'll just disagree. Either way, it's very nice to know we have multiple talented options at slot this year.

It seems he's worked his way back to the coaches' good side.

Also, being the starter in slot is going to be somewhat of a formality, IMO. I think they're going to be rotating quite a bit.

I don't have a problem with any of Howard, Pearson, Jenkins, Wharton, etc starting, though. I would like to see all of them get meaningful snaps.

It seems he's worked his way back to the coaches' good side.

Also, being the starter in slot is going to be somewhat of a formality, IMO. I think they're going to be rotating quite a bit.

I don't have a problem with any of Howard, Pearson, Jenkins, Wharton, etc starting, though. I would like to see all of them get meaningful snaps.

We certainly agree in large part. I hope Pearson is dynamic as advertised and appeared to be to some extent this Spring. If he is I hope he gets the majority or plurality of snaps in the slot with the others rotating in to spell him. I'd just really like to see a guy in the slot with the ability to score every time he touches the ball and I think Pearson is the most likely candidate to be that guy.

I really respect the name reference preference... Alton it is from now on, well done sir!

Never seen big plays from Vaultin' Alton? Did you miss last season? Kid is a playmaker, period. Sure, he'll have to work hard to earn his spot back but apparently that is exactly what he's been doing. He and Pearson will make each other better. Both will have chances I would think.

Welcome back, BeetleJuice!

5 wide setup with:
North-Outside L
Croom-Middle L
Howard-Inside L
Pearson-Inside R
Malone-Outside R

or 4 wide ...
North-Outside L
Howard-Inside L
Pearson-Inside R