Other SEC coaches fearing the rise of our proud program

coach12

As I watched numerous SEC coaches making their espn rounds, I couldn't help but notice some changes in their demeanor. Saban and Spurrier were markedly different from previous demeanor in the media. Forgive my orange glasses, but I truly believe they are adjusting as Butch's influence swells in the SEC. I'll provide a couple examples of what I'm referring to.

First, Saban has been far more positive in his interaction with media. My theory is that he has recognized Butch's positivity having an overwhelming impact on recruits and their families. In previous years, he seemed to have a my way or highway mentality. Now he's talking about treating the kids like family. Not to say that he never did before, but it has certainly increased this year. Butch's positivity is working and others are following suit.

Now for the old ball coach. This year Spurrier has routinely mentioned/plugged their recruiting rankings, namedropping players drafted, etc. We all know Butch uses these tactics in the media often to plant seeds with recruits. This is the first time I've ever seen Spurrier have anything but a dismissive attitude in interviews. In the past he was just itching to get to the nearest golf course and saw little value in the media appearance.

To sum up: Butch is having success by out working other coaches and they are taking notice and are adjusting to try and hold him off. To me that is the greatest verification that Butch's process IS working.

Granted much of this post is based in theory, but the adjustments other coaches are making is striking to me. You certainly don't have to agree, but I take it as a sign of great things to come for the Big Orange.

Go Vols! #believe

Last edited:
Reactions: 29 people
Over the last 7 years Alabama has played the 9th toughest schedule in the FBS. And we've had to do it without any assistance from you guys.

Bout time y'all tighten up.

Reactions: 15 people
If they can't out recruit us or beat us on the field, they will try to get us on NCAA violations eventually. Like Auburn did to "O Bama" a decade ago!

A lot of their attitude comes from having a lot of F you money... When you have it with a little power.. Life is good

Over the last 7 years Alabama has played the 9th toughest schedule in the FBS. And we've had to do it without any assistance from you guys.

first of all your team has a great program.. But if you wasn't worried about butch your azz wouldn't be trolling VOLNATION so 2 words for you SUCK IT

Reactions: 14 people

We have sucked lately, this is true. You do know you guys weren't even the best in your state last year, right?:eek:lol:

Reactions: 14 people
If you're seeing something different in how Saban handles Media Days and "the carwash", then you are seeing something that isn't there.

Reactions: 2 people

Look, you guys have owned us the last 7 years, just like we absolutely throttled you the 14 years prior to then, so I'm not one to talk smack at the moment. You guys have bragging rights for now and you're absolutely right that we haven't contributed much of anything to your SOS these last 6 years.

However, do you have a link/proof to document your above claim? Not saying that you're wrong or that you don't. Just asking if you do and if you could provide it here.

Reactions: 1 person
Look, you guys have owned us the last 7 years, just like we absolutely throttled you the 14 years prior to then, so I'm not one to talk smack at the moment. You guys have bragging rights for now and you're absolutely right that we haven't contributed much of anything to your SOS these last 6 years.

However, do you have a link/proof to document your above claim? Not saying that you're wrong or that you don't. Just asking if you do and if you could provide it here.

You are quoting the wrong Bama dude. But anyway, it came from a tweet on ESPN a few days back. A show called numbers never lie.

Bama's average SOS ranking from Sagarin's system over the past seven years is in the top 10. I don't know how that shakes out amongst the other systems because I don't feel like doing the math that many times.

Maybe Saban is more concerned with the rival that went from 3 wins in 2012 to 12 wins in 2013 then the rival that went from 5 wins in 2012 to 5 wins in 2013. Saban will take notice if we pull in Sweat or Tuttle to go along with McKenzie

VN Store

Back