Enough with the excuses!

knoxvols11

Going back to Fulmer "we're a young team" and his banter with "the next recruiting class" to Dooleys "we're young bla bla bla" Now, we have Butch following the same pattern! Well, those players should be parents of Jr. High kids by now and all these great recruits should be winning us NCs! No more year zero and other slogans because as of last year Butch and the team got rung all season long beginning with Oregan and let GA off the hook and that's not counting the loss against Fla. I say no more excuses and no more pumping sunshine!

Reactions: 15 people
Going back to Fulmer "we're a young team" and his banter with "the next recruiting class" to Dooleys "we're young bla bla bla" Now, we have Butch following the same pattern! Well, those players should be parents of Jr. High kids by now and all these great recruits should be winning us NCs! No more year zero and other slogans because as of last year Butch and the team got rung all season long beginning with Oregan and let GA off the hook and that's not counting the loss against Fla. I say no more excuses and no more pumping sunshine!
Bartender I'll have what he's having

Reactions: 27 people

Dude....chill. You obviously don't know much about what's been going on around here!

Reactions: 34 people
I went to the utsports website and counted 55 freshman, redshirt freshman and sophomores on the roster.

I don't know how many are walkons of those 55, but that's a lot.

Say what you want, but this season "youth" is a legitimate cause for concern.

Reactions: 60 people
Going back to Fulmer "we're a young team" and his banter with "the next recruiting class" to Dooleys "we're young bla bla bla" Now, we have Butch following the same pattern! Well, those players should be parents of Jr. High kids by now and all these great recruits should be winning us NCs! No more yea zero and other slogans because as of last year Butch and the team got rung all season long beginning with Oregan and let GA off the hook and that's not counting the loss against Fla. I say no more excuses and no more pumping sunshine!

Another unrealistic fan who apparently knows absolutely nothing about football! Please stop or start rooting for another team!

:loco:

Reactions: 42 people
I went to the utsports website and counted 55 freshman, redshirt freshman and sophomores on the roster.

Even other fans get it!!!

Reactions: 21 people

When coaches leave or get fired, kids leave the program or get sent packing to make room for the next coach's recruits. So basically our program has hit the reset button three times in 5 years. It takes a long time to build quality depth. Lane Kiffin's year was a wash since like 4 guys from his recruiting class made it to their senior year. Dooley, well you know how he recruited. And Butch is tearing it up on the recruiting trail so far but it won't fix everything overnight. These facts are not difficult to understand.

Reactions: 17 people

I fail to see where Butch stating facts is Sunshine pumping. I don't recall him making many excuses either. He did say more than once that losing was unacceptable. I saw an improvement from the beginning of last year till the spring of this in the attitude and sense of urgency in the players. Yes we let Georgia off the hook but instead of have a pity party about it they went out and Beat USCjr the next week. Progress can be measured by more than wins and losses.

Reactions: 15 people
People need to realize, especially the haters but some of our fans aren't so innocent either, that these "excuses" are legitimate reasons why we've been down. What Lane Kiffin and Dooley did to this program really ruined it. Now Butch is doing a good job, and has worked his ass off lately and I feel as if we'll have our first turnaround year next year. However, people that are saying "quit making excuses" need to realize these aren't just your typical excuses, they're legitimate reasons that would destroy any program temporarily.

Reactions: 6 people
Not worried about Jones giving us a NC at this point. Just give us 6-8 wins and a bowl to demonstrate that things are in fact going in the right direction ON THE FIELD.

Reactions: 4 people

More then half of those freshman are more talented then anyone we have had for the last 5 years. They will perform at a high level. They're young, they're fast, they're determined. A select few were raised from birth to don the orange and white, to defend the state and city

Reactions: 2 people
I fail to see where Butch stating facts is Sunshine pumping. I don't recall him making many excuses either. He did say more than once that losing was unacceptable. I saw an improvement from the beginning of last year till the spring of this in the attitude and sense of urgency in the players. Yes we let Georgia off the hook but instead of have a pity party about it they went out and Beat USCjr the next week. Progress can be measured by more than wins and losses.

Very good comment but it won't satisfy the "fans" who will want CBJ fired if we don't win the SEC this year!!
:hi:

Reactions: 1 person
1 Jalen Hurd RB 6-3 221 FR Hendersonville, Tenn./Beech Senior
2 D'Andre Payne DB 5-9 184 FR Washington, D.C./H.D. Woodson
3 Josh Malone WR 6-3 202 FR Gallatin, Tenn./Station Camp
4 Vic Wharton WR 5-11 192 FR Spring Hill, Tenn./Independence
6 Todd Kelly, Jr. DB 6-0 191 FR Knoxville, Tenn./Webb School
7 Rashaan Gaulden DB 6-1 165 FR Spring Hill, Tenn./Independence
8 Dewayne Hendrix DL 6-4 273 FR O'Fallon, Ill./O'Fallon Township
9 Derek Barnett DE 6-3 267 FR Nashville, Tenn./Brentwood Academy
10 Isaiah McDaniel DB 5-10 187 FR Knoxville, Tenn./Bearden
10 Will Bradshaw QB/LS 6-4 220 FR Dyersburg/Dyersburg
12 Emmanuel Moseley DB 5-11 165 FR Greensboro, N.C./Dudley
17 Dillon Bates LB 6-3 216 FR Ponte Verda Beach, Fla./Ponte Vedra
17 Devin Smith QB 6-4 205 FR Knoxville, Tenn./Grace Christian Academy
20 Cortez McDowell DB 6-1 204 FR Locust Grove, Ga./Locust Grove
24 Derrell Scott RB 5-11 188 FR Havelock, N.C./Havelock
25 Aaron Medley PK 6-2 175 FR Lewisburg, Tenn./Marshall County
26 Treyvon Paulk RB 5-8 201 FR Alpharetta, Ga./Milton
29 Evan Berry DB 5-11 195 FR Fairburn, Ga./Creekside
30 Bryson Durden DB 5-9 172 FR McDonough, Ga./Eagles Landing Christian Acad.
31 Neiko Creamer LB 6-3 225 FR Wilmington, Del./Eastern Christian Academy (Md.)
35 Troy Waites P 6-2 167 FR Hattiesburg, Miss./Presbyterian Christian School
36 Gavin Bryant LB 6-0 225 FR Jackson, Ala./Jackson
40 Dimarya Mixon DL 6-3 266 FR Compton, Calif./West Mesquite (Texas)
41 Elliott Berry DB 6-0 207 FR Fairburn, Ga./Creekside
44 Jakob Johnson DL 6-4 230 FR Stuttgart, Germany/Jean Ribault (Fla.)
45 Jase Stubbs FB 6-2 235 FR Covington, LA/St. Paul's School
52 Joe Henderson DL 6-4 232 FR Shaker Heights, Ohio/Shaker Heights
53 Colton Jumper LB 6-2 218 FR Lookout Mountain, Tenn./Baylor School/The Hun School (NJ)
55 Coleman Thomas OL 6-6 311 FR Max Meadows, Va./Fort Chiswell
64 Ray Raulerson OL 6-5 274 FR Tampa, Fla./Plant Senior
68 Benson Napier OL 6-3 310 FR Coalfield, Tenn./Coalfield School
72 Michael Sawyers DL 6-3 299 FR Antioch, Tenn./Ensworth
73 Jashon Robertson DL/OL 6-3 306 FR Nashville, Tenn./Montgomery Bell Academy
78 Charles Mosley DL/OL 6-5 374 FR Brighton, Tenn./Brighton
80 Daniel Helm TE 6-4 232 FR Chatham, Ill./Glenwood
82 Ethan Wolf TE 6-5 243 FR Minster, Ohio/Minster
5 Ryan Jenkins WR 5-11 201 RS FR Marietta, Ga./Lassiter
38 Jaye Rochell WR 6-2 206 RS FR Norcross, Ga./Wesleyan School
39 Kendal Vickers DL 6-3 254 RS FR Havelock, N.C./Havelock
60 Austin Sanders OL 6-5 311 RS FR Cleveland, Tenn./Bradley Central
63 Brett Kendrick OL 6-6 315 RS FR Knoxville, Tenn./Christian Academy of Knoxville
79 Thomas Edwards OL 6-4 315 RS FR Kingsport, Tenn./Dobyns-Bennett

42 guys who have never played a college snap, that's just the Frosh and red shirts from last year. This does not include upper classmen who haven't played much.

Don't like the word "young", maybe "woefully inexperienced" has a nice ring to it.

Reactions: 3 people

You realize that 65% of the 2014 roster is true freshman, RS freshman or soph.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back