SDS ranks the SEC coaches????

Ertel

Ranking the SEC

One of the worst rankings ive ever seen. Saban at 4? Derrick mason ahead of les miles? Bielema behind stoops and mason? It looks like they only took last season into consideration. I hate saban with a passion but ANY coaching rankings that he isnt listed #1 on is just plain wrong. heres how i would rank them

1. Saban
2. Spurrier
3. Miles
4. Malzahan
5. Richt
6. Sumlin
7. Freeze (maybe a little high but is on a steady rise with what was a mediocre program)
8. Pinkel
9. Bielema ( hes won at a big time program in a tougher conference
than butch)
10. Mullen ( not flashy but has proven to be a consistent coach in the SEC)
11. Jones ( as much as i love butch, his success has been in inferior conferences and the jury is still out on him as the HC in a big time program, great recruiter, maybe the best on this list other than saban.
12. Muschamp ( great defensive mind but his team is on a steady downslope and he lost to georgia southern)
13. Stoops
14. Mason

thoughts?

For some reason i totally skipped the intro on the article and just skipped to the rankings and after rereading it i feel pretty dumb...

Reactions: 2 people
Mason is #117 is public speaking. Sounds like English is his 2nd language. His 1st has not been recognized by any country or culture. Its a cross of Mel Tillis,Barry White and Larry the cable guy..

Reactions: 4 people
That is the worst, most ridiculous, non credible list I think I've ever seen....is this a piece from The Onion or some other parody site? Somebody has an agenda but the list was so illogical and awful that I can't even tell what it is.

Ranking the SEC

One of the worst rankings ive ever seen. Saban at 4? Derrick mason ahead of les miles? Bielema behind stoops and mason? It looks like they only took last season into consideration. I hate saban with a passion but ANY coaching rankings that he isnt listed #1 on is just plain wrong. heres how i would rank them

1. Saban
2. Spurrier
3. Miles
4. Malzahan
5. Richt
6. Sumlin
7. Freeze (maybe a little high but is on a steady rise with what was a mediocre program)
8. Pinkel
9. Bielema ( hes won at a big time program in a tougher conference
than butch)
10. Mullen ( not flashy but has proven to be a consistent coach in the SEC)
11. Jones ( as much as i love butch, his success has been in inferior conferences and the jury is still out on him as the HC in a big time program, great recruiter, maybe the best on this list other than saban.
12. Muschamp ( great defensive mind but his team is on a steady downslope and he lost to georgia southern)
13. Stoops
14. Mason

thoughts?

I read this list and the brief description of how they arrived at their conclusion.

I laughed as I thought that this list is no more rational than if a man compiled a list of his 15 "hottest" women and then ranked them as potential lovers based off of the wrist watch they were wearing yesterday.

1. Spurrier is #1, he has done more with less than any coach in the SEC. He won four straight SEC Titles at UF, six total and a pre BCS mythical NC.

2. Saban best recruiter in the history of college football, he has recruited more elite talent in the last 5 years to Bama than most teams have ever had in the history of their program. But, with all that talent he only has two SEC titles, and has yet to repeat. 3 BCS titles are great but the SEC Title is the best championship on the planet.

3. Miles he gets it done. Great recruiter, and a hires great assistants.

The rest are subject to be fired after a season with 4 wins or less.

But, with all that talent he only has two SEC titles, and has yet to repeat. 3 BCS titles are great but the SEC Title is the best championship on the planet.

Speaking as someone who has watched his team win 5 SEC titles and 4 national championships:

It is literally impossible for your statement to be more laughably incorrect.

Guy is talking about football and Jones with a pic of baseball in the background. Idiot

They are really proud of their first men's national championship ever. Lol they think they will beat us. Oh well I'm not worried. We are much better than we were a year ago

IMO, 9, 10 and 11 are like musical chairs-- any one of the three could get any one of the spots. Pinkel is at 8 by virtue of last season. At this point, the top 6 have proven more than the others.

Derek mason is at 8? He has NEVER been a head coach... And also Vandy will blow this year.

Reactions: 4 people
Speaking as someone who has watched his team win 5 SEC titles and 4 national championships:

It is literally impossible for your statement to be more laughably incorrect.

What are you watching? Saban has only two SEC titles (2009 and 2012) at Bama, and two at (2001 and 2003) LSU. 2+2=4 even in Alabama.

Until Saban can win back to back SEC titles it's me that is laughing!

If Spurrier had Saban's talent he wins the last five SEC and BCS titles, what he has done at SC is remarkable, they were at the same level as Kentucky when he took over.

Even Fulmer won back to back SEC Titles. What's wrong with Saban that he can't with all that elite talent that he has assembled?

I think the "Bear" said it best when he was asked about Neyland as a coach, he said and I'm paraphrasing, a great coach can beat your team with his and then take your players and beat his team. This best describes Spurrier as a coach, not Saban. Winning 4 SEC titles in a row at UF proves that Spurrier is a great coach!

Spurrier whipped Saban pretty good with inferior talent the last time they played.

Take your Crimson colored glasses off for a minute, and look at all the elite players that Bama has signed the last few years and compare it to the rest of the SEC, it's double that of the next closest team. It's painfully obvious that Saban has grossly underachieved in the SEC.

No doubt Saban is a great recruiter, but Spurrier is a better coach.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
What are you watching? Saban has only two SEC titles (2009 and 2012) at Bama, and two at (2001 and 2003) LSU. 2+2=4 even in Alabama.

Until Saban can win back to back SEC titles it's me that is laughing!

If Spurrier had Saban's talent he wins the last five SEC and BCS titles, what he has done at SC is remarkable, they were at the same level as Kentucky when he took over.

Even Fulmer won back to back SEC Titles. What's wrong with Saban that he can't with all that elite talent that he has assembled?

I think the "Bear" said it best when he was asked about Neyland as a coach, he said and I'm paraphrasing, a great coach can beat your team with his and then take your players and beat his team. This best describes Spurrier as a coach, not Saban. Winning 4 SEC titles in a row at UF proves that Spurrier is a great coach!

Spurrier whipped Saban pretty good with inferior talent the last time they played.

Take your Crimson colored glasses off for a minute, and look at all the elite players that Bama has signed the last few years and compare it to the rest of the SEC, it's double that of the next closest team. It's painfully obvious that Saban has grossly underachieved in the SEC.

No doubt Saban is a great recruiter, but Spurrier is a better coach.

What is incorrect is the completely absurd idea that Saban only having two SEC titles somehow indicates that the SEC titles is more important than the a national championship. That is just stupid.

Reactions: 3 people
Richt at 5 is a joke. Has had more talent that has been wasted than I've ever seen.

What is incorrect is the completely absurd idea that Saban only having two SEC titles somehow indicates that the SEC titles is more important than the a national championship. That is just stupid.

You said he had five, he does NOT! Your facts are wrong, but I'm not surprised, Bama fans have always had trouble counting championships!

Again, until Saban can win back to back SEC titles, he's not on the same level as Spurrier as a coach.

The SEC is the most difficult championship in college football to win, not the BCS.

Reactions: 1 person
You said he had five, he does NOT! Your facts are wrong, but I'm not surprised, Bama fans have always had trouble counting championships!

Again, until Saban can win back to back SEC titles, he's not on the same level as Spurrier as a coach.

The SEC is the most difficult championship in college football to win, not the BCS.

No, I said i've seen my team get five. As in i've watched numerous instances of both titles, and I can tell the difference.

And your last sentence is absurd. A five loss football team could control their own destiny to the SEC title. An unbeaten team might not control their own destiny to the national title (see Auburn 2004). You are talking out of your rear.

VN Store

Back