Basketball!

Chris4Vols22

GBO or GTFO
I love me some UT basketball! Can't wait for the season to start. We probably won't have a stellar record, but I think it will be a lot of fun to see the new system, coach, and players.

I hope the fanbase can reunite and put their differences behind them. The chasm was stupid to begin with, but I think Tyndall being farther removed from Pearl will help immensely.

Anyone want to take a crack at our projected starters? I have no clue who will play the 4 and/or 5 positions. My best guess:

Chiles
Hubbs
Richardson
Moore
Carmichael

I could be wrong, but I think Tyndall can't afford the lack of size at the 5, thus relegating Reese to the bench. If he can work around the size problem, then maybe Reese and Moore split the 4 & 5 positions.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
I agree with your lineup except I would run Punter at the point over Chiles.

I think we're gonna see more attrition that could change the lineup, so I will reserve mine :)

Tyndall has decisions on his hands, you add Frazier, Reed and Gaskins and this team goes from around .500 expectation to IMO a 20+ win NCAAT season expectation.

I think we're gonna see more attrition that could change the lineup, so I will reserve mine :)

Tyndall has decisions on his hands, you add Frazier, Reed and Gaskins and this team goes from around .500 expectation to IMO a 20+ win NCAAT season expectation.

You wanna elaborate on that first sentence?

Dammit. Didn't realize more shakeups could be happening. Yeah, if we get any semblance of a PG and/or some legit bigs, that changes everything. What do you think the chances are of acquiring any of those guys?

You wanna elaborate on that first sentence?

Nothing definite, but I think Tyndall is planning on looking in to Frazier, that alone makes this a bubble team IMO. Add Gaskins and/or read and I think 20+ wins and NCAAT is very possible.

Dammit. Didn't realize more shakeups could be happening. Yeah, if we get any semblance of a PG and/or some legit bigs, that changes everything. What do you think the chances are of acquiring any of those guys?

We are sitting at 2 open scholarships currently, I think Tyndall will exhaust every avenue, specifically point guards and bigs.

The fact is you're not gonna find a 4 year or JUCO guy at this stage who's worth a 4 year scholarship most likely( save Trayvon Reed). Tyndall would ideally like to find graduate transfers, or guys immediately eligible with 1 year remaining, at point and in the post to be a stop gap.

He wants a guy like Evans to be his point guard of the future, so you don't wanna lose a scholarship reaching on a guy at point who isn't all that good, especially now with Bonds apparently willing to walk on.

Frazier and Gaskins are ideal fits, probably starters with only 1 year of eligibility remaining. Trayvon Reed is a hell off talent, but he's someone you're more invested for the long term with. I think they'll look at him, but the pursuit may depend on where they feel they stand with their 2015 post guys, and the details of Reed's clearinghouse issues.

Nothing definite, but I think Tyndall is planning on looking in to Frazier, that alone makes this a bubble team IMO. Add Gaskins and/or read and I think 20+ wins and NCAAT is very possible.

Question gaskins or Reed? Who do you prefer

Don't see how you keep Mostella out of the lineup.

He's pretty small right now. Even Coach T said that he's a million miles from being an effective player at this level. Take that for what it's worth.

Don't see how you keep Mostella out of the lineup.

Pretty easy actually when you have a senior in Josh Richardson who's coming off an amazing performance in the NCAAT, and Robert Hubbs a 5* top 25 recruit who's family you just convinced that playing for Tennessee was the best way to get their son into the NBA.

I love Tennessee football and basketball equally , follow both very attentively

He probably already leads the team in athleticism and offensive ability. If he doesn't improve his defense though, he won't see the floor that much at all.

I slightly disagree about the defensive part. This isn't Martin's man-to-man D. We are playing more zone where length and athleticism will help in. It's easier to mask defensive mistakes in the zone.

Reactions: 1 person

3 months before the first game? Suicide!

VN Store

Back