-Jones was animated and energetic.
-"Eric Berry very scary" played on the loud speakers
-Kerbyson continues to get an expanded role up front, Blair got more reps at LT
-Bates worked with first team as did Michael Williams
-TKjr worked some with kick returners

John Brice

Reactions: 9 people
Patrick Brown
Thursday: Butch Jones says Tennessee's not settled at one cornerback spot. Saturday: Michael Williams gets some first-team corner work.

Reactions: 3 people
I was hoping Williams would show up. Track speed, which UT desperately needs in the secondary. Either way, great to have some depth. You have to be able to sub DBs, the way these new offenses run those guys..

I think you are seeing them get the best 5 o-lineman on the field regardless of position. Kerbyson has been at RT.
Does anyone know if Crowder is back or his status?

Reactions: 1 person
williams is a true burner. he has an edge to him. I wish he would have been healthy last yr bc he could have helped. I like him. Everybody always says he has some fire to him.

Just glad theres alot of speed back there now no matter who it is.

Last edited:
I think we're still going to see Gilliam, Jackson, Crowder, Kerbyson, Thomas as the starting O-line. The shuffling of the roster is probably to build familiarity at all positions for our best linemen in case of injury. I think it was yesterday Butch said we're five linemen short of where we'd like to be depth-wise.

Reactions: 2 people
BvKfNKkCQAAYpkI.jpg

-Jones was animated and energetic.
-"Eric Berry very scary" played on the loud speakers
-Kerbyson continues to get an expanded role up front, Blair got more reps at LT
-Bates worked with first team as did Michael Williams
-TKjr worked some with kick returners

John Brice

Fingers, any word on how the line is actually turning out? So much talk about being young and depleted but do they look all that bad?

Please say no, please say no, please say no.

I was hoping Williams would show up. Track speed, which UT desperately needs in the secondary. Either way, great to have some depth. You have to be able to sub DBs, the way these new offenses run those guys..

I think you are seeing them get the best 5 o-lineman on the field regardless of position. Kerbyson has been at RT.
Crowder is back.

Reactions: 3 people
Patrick Brown
Thursday: Butch Jones says Tennessee's not settled at one cornerback spot. Saturday: Michael Williams gets some first-team corner work.

Williams is someone to watch as his career develops. He has good bloodlines for the sports as his older brother was an NFL veteran.

Madieu Williams

Practice Notes from RTI

Passing Game Improving: The quarterbacks did some work on avoiding pressure within the pocket while keeping their eyes downfield. It seems like all of the quarterbacks are throwing the ball with much more confidence since the announcement that Justin Worley would be the starter and I can’t help but think that that move has helped take some of the pressure off of that group. They were all extremely accurate and jut appeared to have more poise during the portion of work that we were able to see this morning.

A quick aside on Derrell Scott…This guy looks like he is going to be a very nice player here. He is still behind due to missing practice time with an injury and was a little banged up again today, but he has the look of a very good running back. He is well built and looks much bigger than I thought he would at this point. Really excited to watch him develop.

Last edited:
Williams is a baller and making a move for playing time... I remember Chris Treece stating last season before he was injured that he had that "dog" in him. Which is a good thing!

Depth chart notes: The most glaring change we saw as the defense went through walk-throughs and a few drills was walk-on Michael Williams working as the starting corner ahead of Emmanuel Moseley. - RTI

Last edited:

Not to mention running with our deep WR roster should give those guys some good experience and vice versa. Very happy about those 2 spots this year.

Practice Notes from RTI

Passing Game Improving: The quarterbacks did some work on avoiding pressure within the pocket while keeping their eyes downfield. It seems like all of the quarterbacks are throwing the ball with much more confidence since the announcement that Justin Worley would be the starter and I can’t help but think that that move has helped take some of the pressure off of that group. They were all extremely accurate and jut appeared to have more poise during the portion of work that we were able to see this morning.

A quick aside on Derrell Scott…This guy looks like he is going to be a very nice player here. He is still behind due to missing practice time with an injury and was a little banged up again today, but he has the look of a very good running back. He is well built and looks much bigger than I thought he would at this point. Really excited to watch him develop.

Quote one will have some guys ready to chime in. Arm Chair qbing aside those are the results you hope for when a starter is named.

VN Store

Back