Is Utah State really that good???

norrislakevol

I mean come on......They have lost more players than we have. They also have a new offensive line...are their new O-linemen better than ours? I think not. They are green at receiver and not even nearly as talented as us there. No comparison at RB...we are much better. On defense they are quite green in the secondary. We have more talent and experience there. Not sure about the front 7, but we are most certainly bigger, stronger, and faster there as well. Sooooo they have a better QB? Is that it? This is what determines that they will keep it so close with us? A QB that is coming off of a major injury to boot.

Last edited:
Reactions: 21 people
I mean come on......They have lost more players than we have. They also have a new offensive line...are their new O-linemen better than ours? I think not. They are green at receiver and not even nearly as talented as us there. No comparison at RB...we are much better. On defense they are quite green in the secondary. We have more talent and experience there. Not sure about the front 7, but we are most certainly bigger, stronger, and faster there as well. Sooooo they have a better QB? Is that it? This is what determines that they will keep it so close with us? A QB that is coming off of a major injury to boot.

We win by 10+. Don't know what to base their team off of, but they will be done by late 3rd quarter.

Reactions: 5 people
Reading their board after their open practice....

they seem to think their OLine is horrible. And Keeton had a bad day because the WRs couldnt get open. They are still optimistic about their RB

Reactions: 1 person
We will start out pretty shaky and then we will calm down in the second half to cruise to an easy victory, IMO.

What worries me most about Utah State is their uniform combinations.

If they come out in grey pants and a white helmet, we'll have to counter with smokey grays.
utah_state_football_uniforms.jpg

If they come out in this combination
utst-13-whiteblackhelmet-1-675x380.jpg

with this helmet
utah2.jpg

, we'll have to include an alternate helmet design, maybe gunmetal gray with an angry smokey design, to even have a chance.

If they successfully petition to be able to wear all gray,

New-Utah-State-Football-Uniforms-Away-2.jpg

We're screwed

Last edited:
Reactions: 15 people
Think we win by 2 TDish. They aren't a cupcake by any means, but our talent should be enough in the end.

What happened to all their fans that were on here? Telling us that they were gonna win, or we would be surprised, or it would be close? Not saying all those scenarios aren't possible but maybe they could share some insight.

The only edge they have is probably at QB. If keeton gets knocked around we win going away.

They seem to reference a lot of close loses over the past several years and i think they're all pretty high off their victories over Utah and NIU this past year. I agree that they have just as many question marks as we do. I think it's a close game but a win for us, although if Keeton is really as good as advertised who knows. I just don't think their secondary will be up to par and I think they are overestimating how "stifling" their run D is. If our O-line clicks early I don't see it being an issue.

Reactions: 2 people
They're good. 2 years ago they only lost 2 games, both by 3 points and one of those losses was to Wisconsin. Now granted, that's 2 years ago and they are a much different team now. They had a good showing last year as well BUT they likely would have won 4 games with our schedule last year.

They will give us fits but we are much stronger and much faster. As long as we can execute decently well I don't see why we don't win this one by at least 10.

They were pretty solid last year and the year before, but this year they are replacing everyone save their QB. If we don't run them out of the stadium, I would be very surprised.

Reactions: 3 people

We will CURB STOMP them...write it down, take a picture, I don't give a F@&$! I am so ready to be I Tennessee I can't STAND IT! GET SOME BABYYYY!!!! Lol

Reactions: 6 people
To be honest, I'm shocked that we are only 6.5 point favorites. I think we win by AT LEAST two touchdowns, and that's after getting quite a few players in during the 4th quarter.

The Aggies have exactly 2 chances of defeating our beloved Vols. Slim and none, and slim left town in 2012, thank goodness!

Reactions: 5 people

Our offense will get tested. Their D is no slouch. Not saying they are SEC Caliber, but the stats don't lie (Click link below). They had the #6 D in the country last year. The did lose some upperclassman, but doesn't everybody? In the end, homefield advantage and talent at the skill positions should take over for us. Vols 34-Aggies 20

FOOTBALL OUTSIDERS: Innovative Statistics, Intelligent Analysis | 2013 NCAA S&P+ RATINGS, DEFENSE

VN Store

Back