Some Historical Perspective

That was a good read. Thanks for sharing.

Can't wait for his next video.

Stories like this are one of the reasons I'm all Vol all of the time and will remain so 'til they shovel the dirt on my face. My dad introduced me to Tennessee football at a very young age , there is none but UT. :no:

Reactions: 2 people
Great article. Gave me chills and a lump in my throat. This will be the first season without my dad. I remember the 85 Sugar Bowl. I was 5 and didn't know much about football but remember hearing, "We did it, we did it!" Fondest memory was the National Championship game or when 16 beat Bama for the first time.

What's yours?

Awesome read! Be sure you print this and save for your children to read down the road and pass along to their friends. This is exactly what the world is missing. Thanks for sharing! I'm humled by it. Good to know we will be in the general area of each other to start our march back to glory on Sunday. Thanks again!

My Dad died in a sudden work related accident in 2004 a week after the Florida game. I about lost it reading that article. Watching the Vols is when I feel closest to him and I can't wait for the season to start so I can cheer enough for the both of us.

Reactions: 4 people
I was just signing on to post a link to this article. What a great read. It gave me chills and a single tear welled up in my eye: all while wanting to run through a wall. It's here people. It's Football Time In Tennessee!!!!
V-O-L-S GO VOLS GO!!!!!

Sorry couldn't finish it all the way, some where around the last sentence there was a bunch of dust blowing around and I guess some made it to my eye, what'd it say?

Reactions: 1 person
My lovely daughter, now a Tennessee alum, went to two games during her student days and four games her entire life. Now that she is married and living in North Dakota, she goes out of her way to give hell to any bammers she encounters and tells the public at large that there is no football like Southern football.

It took awhile but I'm happy she is finally catching on.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back