A couple of questions for those in attendance...

Brave Volunteer

1.) How was the honoring of John Henderson? What kind of crowd reception did he get?

2.) How was Jeff Jarnigan as the new PA announcer? Did it feel strange not having Bobby Denton's voice over the loud speakers?

Reactions: 1 person
Henderson wasn't in attendance I don't think. His wife unexpectedly went into labor.

I liked the PA guy fine. He mixed up gaulden and bowles once.

He has excellent timing. Knew when to say third down down and distance to keep crowd loud. Knew when to call a freshman's name that he knew the crowd was dying to hear.

Reactions: 8 people
I don't believe in anything religious or superstitious, but it was quite spectacular to see a giant rainbow appear over the stadium during warmups when they played a video tribute to Bobby Denton.

Reactions: 11 people
I liked the fact that there wasn't a use of "please pay these prices" until the very end of the Denton tribute, and that they played Denton himself saying it over the PA.

I hope it was left out for that effect and comes back into play in the future.

Reactions: 2 people
Crowd was INSANE through 3 quarters. Still a couple knuckleheads that want to cheer when we're on offense, but at least they were making noise while we were on D, too. PA guy did well. I liked Bobby Denton and all, but I don't feel like the PA guy lends that much to the fan experience, especially as much as in baseball.

I don't believe in anything religious or superstitious, but it was quite spectacular to see a giant rainbow appear over the stadium during warmups when they played a video tribute to Bobby Denton.

You noticed that too? Neyland magic! Been a while since we had that electric atmosphere in Knoxville!:hi:

Bobby Denton tribute was well done and well received as it should have been.

I thought Jeff Jarnigan (sic?) did a fine job.

It was just nice to be back in the stadium. I love that place.

I listened to the guys behind me argue about whether or not the Pride of the Southland was the USU band or our band. Pretty funny conversation....first time in the stadium for both and one guy was pretty obviously drunk. He spent a good five minutes looking for our band scanning the upper bowl before conceding it must be our band...but he was "pretty sure they are usually somewhere else."

Reactions: 4 people
Good job by Jarnigan. The player intros at the beginning weren't in unison with the screen but he can practice that. Great voice for it and brought excitement.

Great job by Jarnigan. However, the new voice of the Pride of the Southland sounded like he was 12 years old. Get someone with a good voice to introduce what the Pride is doing.

Great to hear positive thoughts about Jarnigan. Now if we could only get it right with the radio play by play announcer!

I came in kind of late, did they do "It's football time in Tennessee!"

Just curious, because on the Circle of Life Pregame video, I hear the announcer say something like "Welcome to Rocky Top".

I came in kind of late, did they do "It's football time in Tennessee!"

Just curious, because on the Circle of Life Pregame video, I hear the announcer say something like "Welcome to Rocky Top".

I was wondering the same thing...Also sounded like he said "are you ready for some football" as they were coming out of the T..
Im sure he did great, just loved the "its football time in Tennessee".... feels like home

Reactions: 1 person
1. Would have been better if he could attend.
2. Solid first outing. I think they should play certain clips of Denton as they did every week.

Jarnigan sounds like a game show host. Just different, have to get used to him after years of BD. He did fine.

I was wondering the same thing...Also sounded like he said "are you ready for some football" as they were coming out of the T..
Im sure he did great, just loved the "its football time in Tennessee".... feels like home

I'm not sure Jarnigan was doing the announcing for the band, their announcer usually handles the pregame for whatever reason. I think that's who said "are you ready for some football", FWIW. I know Bill Williams used to say that when he was the POTSMB announcer.

Jarnigan did an outstanding job. Glad he got the job, he truly seems to value it.

VN Store

Back