Fowler and Pollack say Tennessee

millst987

Is a lower tier SEC team? I am extremely bothered by this comment! Does this bother any of my fellow Vol fans as well? We have had a bad run here the last decade but historically we are not a lower tier SEC team. Someone needs to remind these ESPN analysts who we are!
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Reactions: 1 person
Is a lower tier SEC team? I am extremely bothered by this comment! Does this bother any of my fellow Vol fans as well? We have had a bad run here the last decade but historically we are not a lower tier SEC team. Someone needs to remind these ESPN analysts who we are!

Are you serious?

and right there you have your reason for their comments......we'll be considered a lower tier SEC team until we start proving them wrong and that starts tonight in Norman!

Reactions: 3 people
To be fair a lower tier SEC team is: a middle-tier PAC-12/BIG 12 team, a higher tier ACC team, and a "God-like king of all football programs" Big 10 team.

Reactions: 5 people
This past decade, UT has become a lower tier SEC team. UT is an outstanding program that was driven off the cliff by poor management decisions. We are coming back.

Reactions: 4 people

Yes but it depends upon the perspective! Recent history they are absolutely correct. Historically, they are wrong.

Good news is the sports world now has our attention to see if we climb back to the elite! I believe we will in about two more years, patience ny friend, patience!

Oh yeah, we are coming back!!! A few years ago ole Vern called us bottom dwellers on live tv- I couldn't email CBS quick enough- back then poor fella needed to retire.. his thought comes out before he thinks..

Brick by Brick- tier by tier!! WE ARE TENNESSEE AND THEY CAN ALL KISS MY ...... :thud:

Have you been under a rock the past 6 years?

I agree with you all. I know we need to start winning to be relevant again. It's just hard to acknowledge how far our national relevance has fallen.

The years prior to Brian Kelly's hire, I would have said that Notre Dame was a lower tier team. At that time, they were really down.

The Mike DuBose, Mike Shula, Mike Price years at "O Bama" I would have said that they were a lower tier team.

So, yes Fowler can say that "NOW" but soon he will not be able to repeat it, once we " wip da azz" starting next season when these player have a whole year in the weight program and a whole off season.

Think about this. We haven't had a decent road win since UGA in Athens in 2006. We haven't won an 8th game since 2007.

South Carolina is considered an upper-tier program. Historically, they are not. Currently, they are.

:eek:lol::eek:lol::eek:lol: Yet we beat them last season!! It shows you where college football is when south carolina is considered an upper tier program.

ESPN/SEC Network/ABC are all going to play the "TN is not very good card". Covering their bases for tonight's game. Reminding people that we are not currently one of the
best teams in the SEC is fine with me. Much rather have them saying that then trash talking about how we are back and gonna whip @ss. This will make tonight's win that much sweeter!! GBO!

VN Store

Back