Post from someone at the game...

OCVol82

Oklahoma was scared at several points in the game...they thought they were about to get they azz whooped.

First half had them worried. They knew down 13-7 they were a score away from losing.

OU fans are humble and gracious hosts. I didnt have a negative experience one.

We had flashes of greatness. Hurd's run. D kept their run game on lock.

It was the inconsistencies. It was the 3 turnovers in red zone. It was the difference. OU knew it.

This is the only game I have been to this year and I am excited, very excited.

Oh, by the way, no knock to OU, but their stadium was...not...so..good...people couldnt get to their seats, no markings to help people, no staff to help. I waited 30 minutes to get to my seat, while at the bottom of the stairs. It should have taken 3. OU fans actually apologized.

I am excited and you should be too.

Negatives:

Worley. He doesnt keep, he is afraid to get hit, he could have run several times for positive yards, 1st down, and even one potential TD.

I think this O would be better in its current state with a dual threat.

GBO!

Reactions: 6 people
Oklahoma was scared at several points in the game...they thought they were about to get they azz whooped.

First half had them worried. They knew down 13-7 they were a score away from losing.

OU fans are humble and gracious hosts. I didnt have a negative experience one.

We had flashes of greatness. Hurd's run. D kept their run game on lock.

It was the inconsistencies. It was the 3 turnovers in red zone. It was the difference. OU knew it.

This is the only game I have been to this year and I am excited, very excited.

Oh, by the way, no knock to OU, but their stadium was...not...so..good...people couldnt get to their seats, no markings to help people, no staff to help. I waited 30 minutes to get to my seat, while at the bottom of the stairs. It should have taken 3. OU fans actually apologized.

I am excited and you should be too.

Negatives:

Worley. He doesnt keep, he is afraid to get hit, he could have run several times for positive yards, 1st down, and even one potential TD.

GBO!

afraid to get hit..lost me then!

Reactions: 64 people

GBO!

No ****. He got hit like 600 times today.

Reactions: 14 people
he was afraid to run the ball...OU fans were making fun of him. They said...oh look, the option, I wonder who isnt going to run...

Were you at the game? No...Worley disappointed the TN fans around me, and rejoiced the OU fans around me...

Reactions: 2 people
he was afraid to run the ball...OU fans were making fun of him. They said...oh look, the option, I wonder who isnt going to run...

Were you at the game? No...Worley disappointed the TN fans around me, and rejoiced the OU fans around me...

Guarantee you he doesn't truly have the option 80% of the times you think he does. It's an annoying quirk of this offense, but he doesn't have a choice most of the time.

Ainge was big on making that point most of the summer.

Edit: And I'm not sure how you being there matters to this discussion. I'm glad you went, represented, and had fun, but we could all see what was happening.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 people

From someone that watched the game at home with rewind:

I rewound almost every read option play and he didn't miss one that I saw. The OLB was holding his ground and watching for Worley. They were just so dang fast they stuffed the handoff.

Reactions: 1 person
If they wanted Worley to run it, they would have designed him the QB Draw on 3rd and 2 in the redzone.

Yes, Worley could've kept it, but if our QB is not running don't call the READ OPTION and blame it on the QB. It's that simple.

he was afraid to run the ball...ou fans were making fun of him. They said...oh look, the option, i wonder who isnt going to run...

Were you at the game? No...worley disappointed the tn fans around me, and rejoiced the ou fans around me...

so what other qb on the ut roster would have played better than justin worley?

Please let me know.

Reactions: 19 people
just had a convo with some TN fans at the hotel I am staying at. They agreed, but feel he is being told not to run, told to be safe. They feel the coaches are wanting him to stay healthy for SEC opponents.

I can agree with this.

As for the person who said they watched at home on rewind, you sir, are a liar...

Someone needs to tell him how the read option works...
That's embarrassing Carl

I am in no way lying or in any other way fabricating. Worley was joked at, even THANKED amongst the crowd I was aoung, section 35, for not running the ball. One a play in the 3rd the fans in front of me said in jest, he could have run it in!

Not judging, providing details..

Umm... There's a reason why Oklahoma was ranked #4. Just like there's a reason why we weren't ranked in the top 25. But we're coming...

I saw a few times tonight where I thought he should have ran it, but Justin had taken so many hits by then that I can't blame the guy for not pulling it down and running it. He had to be a little gun shy after even the first quarter. Hell, I know if I would've been in his shoes I wouldn't have been looking for more contact. I think Worley played a pretty solid game considering all the pressure he was under. Their D-LINE is no joke.They were fast. That backer they had was all over the place on every play. We had no answer for for him all night.

Last edited:
In defense of the OP the Oline displayed super piss poor blocking. There were times however where Worley really could have run on his own or thrown the ball out of play but most of the time he didn't have a choice or simply didn't see it coming. I get what the OP was saying.

Some of you guys are acting like it was just for this game....it was the EXACT same for the previous two games. Let the record show, there are threads dedicated to both games you can review for yourselves...if you know how to read, which at this point I question one of you...

If its the coaches call it is...I respect that...but Im TIRED of seeing open avenues for him to run and he doesnt...its called a read option for a reason...

VN Store

Back