Oklahoma Fans

Both their fans and the players seem classy. I didn't really notice any trash talking or dirty plays.

Reactions: 1 person
I've traveled to a LOT of Tennessee (OoC/Bowl) away games going back to the '79 Bluebonnet Bowl...

This OU fan base was the best, most respectful and hospitable I've ever experienced.

Reactions: 8 people
Their fans were awesome and welcomed/ thanked me for coming BEFORE the and after

Funniest comment was one said he was mad and really hates us -- because we had to go to the Alamo and save Texas.

Reactions: 12 people
Their fans were awesome and welcomed/ thanked me for coming BEFORE the and after

Funniest comment was one said he was mad and really hates us -- because we had to go to the Alamo and save Texas.

We ain't called the Volunteers for nothing ! :good!:

Reactions: 2 people
OU fans will be po'ed once again when they lose to Baylor,Oklahoma State or both. OU has had a tradition of choking since 2003.

Spent two days in OKC and without a doubt probably the nicest set of fans I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. Was invited into tailgates, given free food and beer. They even turned the GA vs SC game on because we were interested in the score. All I can say is pure class and this is the way it should be, it's a game. Many SEC fans could sure take a lesson from OU. They even played Rocky Top with their band before the game as a tribute.

Reactions: 5 people
Its easy to behave respectfully and say nice things to someone when you are expecting to win against them and you do.

Fans are going to hate UT fans again in a season or two when Tennessee is back to kicking arse and taking names.

The game was pretty mild although I'm not sure that's what was being expected. We only had one report of a fight and it turned out to be a wild goose chase. A bunch of OU fans happened to be in the area of the Vol Walk and were respectful of the players and clapped as they entered the stadium. And even during the game Sooner and Vols fans were respectful of each other no matter what was happening.

We certainly need to reciprocate the hospitality next year in Knoxville. And flip the score of course lol

Reactions: 3 people
Best road trip EVER for me...their fanbase was class personified and the standard for a game experience. I would consider going to a game in Norman with no dog in the hunt...but I'd prepare to stay a few hours after the game...WORST EXIT TRAFFIC EVER!! :w00t:

Reactions: 3 people
Best road trip EVER for me...their fanbase was class personified and the standard for a game experience. I would consider going to a game in Norman with no dog in the hunt...but I'd prepare to stay a few hours after the game...WORST EXIT TRAFFIC EVER!! :w00t:

They sure don't make it easy to get into and out of that stadium. A single two lane road running into it from the nearest interstate does make for a long trip.

The OU fans were unbelievable. I was invited to an OU tailgate just outside the stadium. They went out of their way to make my wife and I welcome. Inside the stadium, numerous OU fans said welcome to OU ( they were sincere). I wish ours, and other SEC fans were as hospitable as the OU fans were.

VN Store

Back