Dual threat bullies

butchna

Sit down and tell me all about it...way over there
For the mensas telling Butch what type of QB he needs for HIS system? Take a gander at the Philly-Washington game...where spread guru Chip Kelly has dual threat prototype Nick Foles DUELING dual threat icon RGIII's replacement (permanent?) Kirk Cousins. Someone needs to get in Butch's ear, and place a call to Torrance Gibson for some grooming.

Reactions: 3 people
why post this?

All QB's that Butch has recruited and has signed or currently has committed (Ferguson, Dobbs, Jennings, Dormady and Kendall) all have dual threat capabilities.

The read option and designed quarterback runs are going to be a big part of this program's future. We don't have the guy in place to pull it off right now but we will in the near future.

dual threat prototype Nick Foles...lol...well played Butchna...
Foles reminds me of,wait for it....

Quinten Dormady... we are doomed...FAHR Butch

Reactions: 4 people
dual threat prototype Nick Foles...lol...well played Butchna...
Foles reminds me of,wait for it....

Quinten Dormady... we are doomed...FAHR Butch

Right on buddy! :thumbsup: We need somebody from Costco to take over this mess!

why post this?

All QB's that Butch has recruited and has signed or currently has committed (Ferguson, Dobbs, Jennings, Dormady and Kendall) all have dual threat capabilities.

The read option and designed quarterback runs are going to be a big part of this program's future. We don't have the guy in place to pull it off right now but we will in the near future.

Cool insight bro. You need to know me before you comment on my posts...I don't believe in blue font. :hi:

For the mensas telling Butch what type of QB he needs for HIS system? Take a gander at the Philly-Washington game...where spread guru Chip Kelly has dual threat prototype Nick Foles DUELING dual threat icon RGIII's replacement (permanent?) Kirk Cousins. Someone needs to get in Butch's ear, and place a call to Torrance Gibson for some grooming.

I will take a pocket passer over the dual threat anyday and twice on Sunday.

Defensive backs can cover a receiver for a few seconds, so one of the receivers will come open. A 15 yard catch is better than a q.b. running 8 yards, not getting the 1st down, not stopping the clock and risking an injury.

Do you know how Steve Young retired early? He scrambled against Arizona and Anias Williams gave him a concussion. Young scrambled.

Do you remember how Drew Bledsoe lost his job in N.E.? He scrambled to get the 1st down and was hit in the chest area by a linebacker as he was going out of bounds. Insert Brady and Bledsoe lost his job. Bledsoe scrambled.

Do you remember how Troy Aikmen had to retire early? He scrambled and was hit going out out of bounds and his helmet hit the astro turf and he got his final concussion. Aikmen scrambled.

I remember one pre-season, on the same weekend, both McNabb & Vick were injured while scrambling. McNabb broke his ankle & Vick had a leg injury.

If your O - line is any good at all and can protect the q.b., then you don't need to scramble.

Reactions: 1 person
I will take a pocket passer over the dual threat anyday and twice on Sunday.

If your O - line is any good at all and can protect the q.b., then you don't need to scramble.

And if your O line can't protect the QB then you have a statue in the pocket getting blasted all game. See the Super Bowl.

And if your O line can't protect the QB then you have a statue in the pocket getting blasted all game. See the Super Bowl.

And if your O - line can protect the q.b., you will have games like Brady, Manning, Brese, Marino, Montana or Warner usually have with 300, 400 or better yards and 5 passing t.d.'s.

IF your O-line can't protect the q.b. then the q.b. will run for his life all the time and eventually take that one unlucky hit and get injured.

And if your O - line can protect the q.b., you will have games like Brady, Manning, Brese, Marino, Montana or Warner usually have with 300, 400 or better yards and 5 passing t.d.'s.

IF your O-line can't protect the q.b. then the q.b. will run for his life all the time and eventually take that one unlucky hit and get injured.

The game has changed since those guys entered the league, pass rushers are becoming much more athletic. There is little to no guarantee that you can totally protect your QB week in and week out. Pass rushers can pin their ears back and relentlessly rush those QB's.

QB's like Kap and Newton are harder to prepare for because the pass rush must be coached to keep contain and stay true to their rush lanes. When the pocket breaks down, Warner is done, whereas guys like Russell Wilson can escape the pocket and extend the play with his athleticism. It's an added dimension that the defense has to prepare for.

Yeah playing in the NC game sucks. Smh

so you like your qb's throwing hail mary's off 2 UGA players helmets and relying on missed fg's and returning them 109 yds to make it to the NC game...all the while being a below avg passer...SMDH

I'll take a Russell Wilson type,a great passer who is mobile instead of a triple option Tommie Frazier type who relies on 30 yd wide open WR's to complete passes...SMDH

do you even football? I can teach you to football...

see Auburn with Cam and Marshal.... Dual-threat CAN be a good thing...

At the end of the day the most important part of the dual threat is the ability to pass, or at least threat of it. Marshall is decent but Cam was a good passer. Also, a good coach can use whichever his QB is best at (back to Chip Kelly for example).

why post this?

Because he's right. Most of the "dual threat guys" on here are absolutely, solely fixated on whether or not our Qb will hand off the ball or keep it like that's the ONLY factor that determines how well our QB is playing and who Butch is gonna recruit....when in actuality it's still about whether or not Butch's qb can play from the pocket, throw the ball accurately, make good decisions.

Reactions: 1 person
Because he's right. Most of the "dual threat guys" on here are absolutely, solely fixated on whether or not our Qb will hand off the ball or keep it like that's the ONLY factor that determines how well our QB is playing and who Butch is gonna recruit....when in actuality it's still about whether or not Butch's qb can play from the pocket, throw the ball accurately, make good decisions.

Amen...check out the Stidham thread KB...Westy doing fine work there.

My 10,000th post should have been something more profound.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 0
Reactions: 2 people
Dual threat isnt necessary to run offense but The nice thing about a dual threat QB is that those fly sweeps we bash for not working most of the time all of a sudden become much more effective when your having to account for 3 weapons(QB, RB, and WR) instead of just watching 2 like our opponents currently do with them not even worrying about Worley. See Seattle game with Russell, Lynch and Percy running that play is deadly

VN Store

Back