Butch Jones' record after bye weeks

VolsByNature

DeletedPost Record Holder
Anyone remember that stat? I can't remember it off the top of my head, but I can recall it being impressive.

EDIT: Just saw thread from a few days ago. Merge or delete

There's multiple threads devoted to this. Bye week record is good except I'm only concerned with his bye record while here at UT, and he's 1-1. Beat SC, lost to VANDY

Pick whichever stats you like to cuddle up to at night. We are 0 for all of them when counting road games to ranked opponents. That said the momentum is shifting. Just don't lose hope if it isn't this one.

Reactions: 2 people
His record vs. ranked teams 1-11. Room for improvement.

ouch...n lost to fools with one of his best teams n lost to vandy..

i need to look this up but how many tn coaches lost to vandy in yr 1 but went on to win any type of championships?..

i need to look this up but how many tn coaches lost to vandy in yr 1 but went on to win any type of championships?..

Off the top of my head: Robert Neyland.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
if i remember correctly robert neyland lost to vanderbilt (3-20) his first year, and i guess you could say he did ok as a coach.

I think the REAL question should be what is his record on noon games the first Saturday after the autumnal equinox with partly cloudy weather and highs around 85° preceding a waxing crescent moon phase?

On the flip side Dooley beat them in year one and.......

Bye weeks are good for must teams... Helps with banged up players, gives the coaches a chance to evaluate themselves / players, Time to work on fundamentals, and more time to scheme for the next game.

VN Store

Back