ESPN's Jeff Barlis on Tennessee vs UGA

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
Nothing earth-shattering but a fair take. I'm anxious to see whether Tennessee's line can do a better job of protecting Worley. With two weeks to prepare, I think they will.

3. ESPN's "College GameDay" is headed to Columbia, South Carolina. Not to be outdone, the other big game in the SEC East -- Tennessee at Georgia -- will be the site of the SEC Network's pregame show "SEC Nation". The Vols have something to prove and will hit the road with a much-improved defense. UT is sixth in the SEC in total defense, giving up 343 yards a game. That should give Tennessee some hope in preparing to face Georgia's star running back Todd Gurley and his SEC freshman of the week understudy, Sony Michel. The Bulldogs are also short-handed with Keith Marshall, Malcolm Mitchell and Justin Scott-Wesley among the injured. The biggest challenge for Tennessee, however, is likely to come on the other side of the ball. Georgia has an intimidating pass rush, and the Vols O-line has given up an SEC-worst nine sacks already this seasons. Buckle up.

SEC morning links - SEC Blog - ESPN

Reactions: 6 people
But seriously, 1. Win turnover battle. 2. Stop their run. 3. Protect Worley = best chance to win the game. We know it just as well as Georgia. Gonna be fun to see what happens.

Reactions: 1 person
I hope Florida will be the last of these wretched noon games.

Yea hopefully but it makes sense that its a noon game with all the other games that day.

Ole Miss-Bama
A&M-Miss State
Auburn-LSU
Stanford-ND
Michigan State-Nebraska

We used to be the premiere SEC game but not this year.

Should be an interesting game... UT gave a good battle last year and have a bye week this season. The SEC East has been interesting this year. No clear winner...

Should be an interesting game... UT gave a good battle last year and have a bye week this season. The SEC East has been interesting this year. No clear winner...

After the next two weeks the clear winner will be UT :dance2:

Since I'm dreaming, please don't wake me. :peace2::snoring:

Oh I followed the thread to make sure he knew I was kidding. Lol

Apparently some people around here would rather me continue to look ike a fool who can't post a thread in the correct forum. :)

I appreciate the heads up. I make mistakes far too often.

We are 3 games in and have been told that offenses get better as a season progresses (injuries aside), that freshmen improve over time, etc. etc. Come Saturday, time to see if the OL has made some strides. I thought they made some during the 4th quarter of the OU game. Hope that type of performance continues.

Blocking, tackling, and not turning the football over to them is a a recipie for success.

I see they mentioned Georgia's injuries, but not ours.

Yeah just in case they lose, they have that to fall on. They like to bring up the injuries from last years game too. Injuries are a part of the game, it's how you overcome them to win and not use them as an excuse when you lose. We could play the "if Von and Wolf weren't injured" card the OU game could have been a little different but it's not going to change the outcome of the game.

Yeah just in case they lose, they have that to fall on. They like to bring up the injuries from last years game too. Injuries are a part of the game, it's how you overcome them to win and not use them as an excuse when you lose. We could play the "if Von and Wolf weren't injured" card the OU game could have been a little different but it's not going to change the outcome of the game.

We can play the Von card in this one as well if we wanted.

by looking at the stats their pass rush is really no different than ours. Solid but not spectacular. Sure as hell isnt OU.

VN Store

Back