Vols skill position grade a C?

Other_Guy

foolishFool
Can't remember the guys name opposite if Chizik on SEC NOW but he just gave them a C. However I dd just turn it on so I could have missed where he gave them that due to VP and Smith being out but Chizik gave them a B. Thoughts?

Can't remember the guys name opposite if Chizik on SEC NOW but he just gave them a C. However I dd just turn it on so I could have missed where he gave them that due to VP and Smith being out but Chizik gave them a B. Thoughts?

You answered your own question. he said it's because of injuries.

Spears also said he was rating them on what they are now not the potential that have. He said Hurd needs to get better at pass blocking and things of that nature but he really likes the weapons we have. It is just youth and injuries why had gave them a C

Volls? Are you stutterer or are you slurring your words due to copious amounts of alcohol? lol

Reactions: 1 person
He also graded our defense as a C. The same defense that only allowed the Sooners to score 7 offensive points in the second half. I'm not saying their an A. But a solid B, at least.

Reactions: 2 people
Our team is living on potential. North should have come up big in the OK game, but he was outshined by Josh Smith. Pig shows promise as long as it isn't a jet sweep. VP can't do anything on the bench, same for Malone (although they are there for different reasons), and don't get me started on Croom. At some point these guys have to make the big catches, against good teams, when the pressure is on. Our games so far remind me of the fall practices where Jones kept talking about the high # of balls that hit the ground.

Our team is living on potential. North should have come up big in the OK game, but he was outshined by Josh Smith. Pig shows promise as long as it isn't a jet sweep. VP can't do anything on the bench, same for Malone (although they are there for different reasons), and don't get me started on Croom. At some point these guys have to make the big catches, against good teams, when the pressure is on. Our games so far remind me of the fall practices where Jones kept talking about the high # of balls that hit the ground.
I'd agree. We have A talent and as of yet we are executing well below their potential. Some of it though is on the linemen and not them.

In fairness, the OL has made it tough to see the true potential of our RBs and WRs. QB play from Worley has been a solid B. Receivers have had some bad drops. I think B- overall.

VN Store

Back