Croom's coming out game

17Vols

UNPAID CONTRIBUTER
BTW, did Croom have a heck of a bounce back game vs UGA or what? I sure hope that was his coming out game cuz I've been waiting to him go loco!!

I bet Mz Terry has perma-grin all week!

Reactions: 7 people
I hope he continues to do well but I have absolutely no confidence in him. Catching the ball is not a skill that he is naturally blessed with. He reminds me of a fat fingered guy trying to text on an iphone 4....he can still text but about every other letter is wrong, lucky for him those phones have an auto correct feature. Only problem is, theres no auto correct in football.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
I hope he continues to do well but I have absolutely no confidence in him. Catching the ball is not a skill that he is naturally blessed with. He reminds me of a fat fingered guy trying to text on an iphone 4....he can still text but about every other letter is wrong, lucky for him those phones have an auto correct feature. Only problem is, theres no auto correct in football.

Liked for the creative analogy.

I think people forget he is a redshirt sophomore this year. Coach Azzani has had very high praise of him. Coach Azzani said himself the style of play he likes from his wideouts takes awhile to grasp and play consistently. As far as his catching ability, he didn't struggle anymore then the other WR's last year, and as far as this year goes he was playing with a soft cast on on his hand until the GA game and we all know how well he looked in that game. He has made some very good catches with tight coverage. People are overanalyzing the OU game.

Reactions: 12 people

You are so clueless that you should have been the headliner of the movie...croom is a beast and he will prove it this year. When he does I will be sure to quote this post again and make fun of you some more just because you deserve the ridicule, and not a young man giving his all for Tennessee.. People like you who talk smack about players are some of the worst human beings on the planet IMO. If you can't perform better yourself, then keep your mouth shut... JMHO

Reactions: 22 people
I was a little hard on him after the OU game, but you talk as if your worthless opinion is undisputed fact. Standard procedure on VN, it seems.

Turns out, he was playing the first 3 games with a thin cast on his hand. Now would be a good time to take that foot out yo' mouth before it becomes a permanent fixture.

Reactions: 7 people
Croom has all the physical attributes to be a monster receiver, it just seems like he's lacked the mental side of it. Pretty sure he gained the confidence he needed from the Georgia game to propel himself forward. I think we will see a much improved WR going forward.

Reactions: 1 person
I never doubted him. He had one bad game at OK and not many opportunities in the first two games. Von, North, and Pig are better and Josh Smith a tad better. But when you need a "Tall Boy"(not the drinking kind) in the endzone, it is hard to beat North, Croom and a FR TE named Helm/Wolf!

:)

Hey.. lay off the fat jokes! I am a proctologist and I have fat fingers, and your AZZ is mine (or mined), I sometimes forget.

:lolabove:

Y'all need to chill out. You guys are making way more out of my comment than I ever intended. I just don't have confidence in him. I said I hope he does good. I'm rooting for him as much as any of you. All I meant was he seems to struggle catching the ball cleanly. I don't know how you can argue that. I hope our team isn't as tightly wound as you people or we will get our ass handed to us. Chill the f#*k out

Last edited:
You are so clueless that you should have been the headliner of the movie...croom is a beast and he will prove it this year. When he does I will be sure to quote this post again and make fun of you some more just because you deserve the ridicule, and not a young man giving his all for Tennessee.. People like you who talk smack about players are some of the worst human beings on the planet IMO. If you can't perform better yourself, then keep your mouth shut... JMHO

Over react much? Please enlighten me as to where I talked smack about him. Maybe it's you that should keep your mouth shut. Jmho. Let me explain, a fat fingered guy isn't very fluent at texting but when they try hard enough they can still text and get it done, in my opinion Croom seems to have to try to catch the ball instead of just catching it. Sorry if u disagree.

Last edited:
I was a little hard on him after the OU game, but you talk as if your worthless opinion is undisputed fact. Standard procedure on VN, it seems.

Turns out, he was playing the first 3 games with a thin cast on his hand. Now would be a good time to take that foot out yo' mouth before it becomes a permanent fixture.

Another total overreaction. Well done

You got into way too much detail to offend a kid who gives his all for Tennessee.

Reactions: 6 people
Over react much? Please enlighten me as to where I talked smack about him. Maybe it's you that should keep your mouth shut. Jmho. Let me explain, a fat fingered guy isn't very fluent at texting but when they try hard enough they can still text and get it done, in my opinion Croom seems to have to try to catch the ball instead of just catching it. Sorry if u disagree.

Your whole post was one big dis on the guy, and now you try to say it wasn't...you compared him to a fat fingered guy texting..but there is no autocorrect in football..that is not talking smack? But I have the problem?..wow, live in denial much? Guess your mother never taught you manners or you would see the problem with your post

Reactions: 5 people
Y'all need to chill out. You guys are making way more out of my comment than I ever intended. I just don't have confidence in him.

Oh, you don't have confidence in Croom?

fe0bf67b5a092811366a577f6011c389edd0759dba0047eb3580b6a7803ee1b9.jpg

The only thing that matters is that Worley and Coach Jones do have confidence in him. It shows when they throw him the ball in high pressure situations.

It's almost like he wasn't playing in a cast during the Georgia game...

Reactions: 4 people
You got into way too much detail to offend a kid who gives his all for Tennessee.

Offend? Wow.

Let's try this another way. Some singers are born with God given talent and some people have to take vocal lessons. Either way, a lot of times they both end up singing great. IMO, Croom is a wr that needs the lessons to be good as opposed to a wr that has the natural talent. Doesn't mean he can't be great. Hope this doesn't offend anyone, my goodness.

Your whole post was one big dis on the guy, and now you try to say it wasn't...you compared him to a fat fingered guy texting..but there is no autocorrect in football..that is not talking smack? But I have the problem?..wow, live in denial much? Guess your mother never taught you manners or you would see the problem with your post

I was simply comparing the difficulty each has. It seems to me that the act of catching sometimes seems difficult to him just like texting is difficult for someone with fat fingers, that's all. Unlike you, I will leave your mother out of it.

Last edited:
Oh, you don't have confidence in Croom?

fe0bf67b5a092811366a577f6011c389edd0759dba0047eb3580b6a7803ee1b9.jpg

The only thing that matters is that Worley and Coach Jones do have confidence in him. It shows when they throw him the ball in high pressure situations.

It's almost like he wasn't playing in a cast during the Georgia game...
Very nice. That skit is hilarious.

LOL...you are probably right. Butch Jones loves to play receivers that have no natural skill at the position. Part of his master plan.

Reactions: 5 people
I give up. Croom is the best wr UT has ever had. He makes Jerry Rice look like he has brick hands. :). I do hope it turns out to be true.

Last edited:
Offend? Wow.

Let's try this another way. Some singers are born with God given talent and some people have to take vocal lessons. Either way, a lot of times they both end up singing great. IMO, Croom is a wr that needs the lessons to be good as opposed to a wr that has the natural talent. Doesn't mean he can't be great. Hope this doesn't offend anyone, my goodness.

It is offensive. I may agree but I don't typically post bad things about our players on a tuesday. You literally could of said something along the lines of "He doesn't have the most talent in the world"

VN Store

Back