How the bye week may hurt Florida

JohnMarxism

Hear me out. Yes, bye weeks allow teams to regroup, recharge, and strategize before playing an opponent. However, Florida's bye week fell at an interesting time. Will, on the hot seat, is definitely a defensive minded coach so he will have some blitz packages and coverages ready to throw at UT. I believe there is a chance that the bye week actually causes Muschamp to overthink how he will attack UT. Am I the only one that is thinking this?

you lost me... the extra week will give Muschamp an extra week to design exotic blitzes,but thats a good thing?

Hopefully Muschamp spent the bye week calling up every contact he has in the NFL and NCAA asking if they need a defensive coordinator.

Reactions: 3 people
when Tn has a bye week , its good for Tn but if some other team has a bye week , its hurts them.

Reactions: 2 people
I think they could have been better served to have played a cupcake last week to figure some things out but to quote Coach Bajakian, "Bye weeks always come at the right time."

The bye will help them. I think it's offset by Neyland though. The crowd is going to be crazier for this one than anyone currently playing for UF has ever seen in Knoxville. I am more curious as to how playing them later in the season will effect the outcome. This will be the first time in a long while we have played two highly ranked team before The Gators. Tennessee played both of those games away to boot. The intimidation factor Florida has had on us in the past may well be gone after what team 118 has already faced.

Reactions: 2 people
They may get some people healed up but what they really need is to find some consistent offense. I don't think they will if they haven't by now.

Reactions: 1 person
i love the bi week especially when girls r involved...lol

having two weeks to prepare only helps fla..rest n extra time to prepare for that awesome zone read play...lol jk relax sunshine sheep.

could we play tomorrow at this rate we will be winning by 60 n never lost to fla ever.....

IMO the bye week helped a lot. They will throw every blitz Muschamp can come up with at us. I hope we have spent the week working on screens, hot passes to areas vacated by the blitzers, and maybe a shuffle pass to counter it. If Pearson is back, it will be difficult to pull off that strategy of blitzing early and often. Man coverage all day for fla would be asking a lot of the cbs when the defense looked so porous vs Bama. As for fla's offense, they will probably have several trick plays put in to catch a few big hitters on us. I would also try to have a game plan that would have a lot of short passes with driskel or his back up running more read options. Just try to keep the chains moving to keep our offense off the field. That plan will be very difficult also because they will be in Neyland. It will be very difficult to consistently have long drives in that kind of noise. The other thing that could be a strategy is to cheap shot Worley very early in the game to intentionally hurt him. If he goes down our hopes could go out the window. Oh well, that's what my HS coaching experience tells me to expect. Any others agree with this scenario of game plans.

Hear me out. Yes, bye weeks allow teams to regroup, recharge, and strategize before playing an opponent. However, Florida's bye week fell at an interesting time. Will, on the hot seat, is definitely a defensive minded coach so he will have some blitz packages and coverages ready to throw at UT. I believe there is a chance that the bye week actually causes Muschamp to overthink how he will attack UT. Am I the only one that is thinking this?

I'm not sure that over-thinking is really plausible, but I do like the fact that they missed their first game and had a bye before playing us. Less experience and time to gel.

The bye will help them. I think it's offset by Neyland though. The crowd is going to be crazier for this one than anyone currently playing for UF has ever seen in Knoxville. I am more curious as to how playing them later in the season will effect the outcome. This will be the first time in a long while we have played two highly ranked team before The Gators. Tennessee played both of those games away to boot. The intimidation factor Florida has had on us in the past may well be gone after what team 118 has already faced.

I wholeheartedly agree. Historically, Florida has often had better overall talent and, even when they didn't, we tend to play tight against them. Consequently, I am delighted that they are third in the lineup of major opponents on our schedule this year. Having already played Oklahoma and Georgia on the road, I expect our boys to enter this game as another big game but not one that ties their nerves in knots. Furthermore, this team has already demonstrated that even catastrophic mistakes do not cripple this team's will to fight. For example, Georgia scores shortly before halftime to extend the lead to 21-10, we respond with a 7-play, 83-yard drive for a touchdown to basically close out the half. In the fourth quarter, Georgia recovers a fumble in our end zone for a touchdown to move out in front 35-25. Again, we respond with another 7-play, 58-yard drive for a touchdown. This team has demonstrated that, despite their youth and inexperience, they will not wilt under pressure. I really like the fight in this team and fully expect them to finally defeat the Reptilian Horde, that is so long as we can keep Justin Worley on his feet.

Reactions: 3 people
I wholeheartedly agree. Historically, Florida has often had better overall talent and, even when they didn't, we tend to play tight against them. Consequently, I am delighted that they are third in the lineup of major opponents on our schedule this year. Having already played Oklahoma and Georgia on the road, I expect our boys to enter this game as another big game but not one that ties their nerves in knots. Furthermore, this team has already demonstrated that even catastrophic mistakes do not cripple this team's will to fight. For example, Georgia scores shortly before halftime to extend the lead to 21-10, we respond with a 7-play, 83-yard drive for a touchdown to basically close out the half. In the fourth quarter, Georgia recovers a fumble in our end zone for a touchdown to move out in front 35-25. Again, we respond with another 7-play, 58-yard drive for a touchdown. This team has demonstrated that, despite their youth and inexperience, they will not wilt under pressure. I really like the fight in this team and fully expect them to finally defeat the Reptilian Horde, that is so long as we can keep Justin Worley on his feet.

Here, here! Well said.

That is what happened to CPF against the ole ball coach and Urban. You could see a difference in the team FL week. IMO, Fulmer always over thought it went into to the game way to uptight and it showed on the field.
I think Butch has Muschamps number with the Big Orange winning big.

The better the coach the more beneficial the bye week. It will obviously help the gators but not as much as it would help a team like Alabama.

Always worry about an early cheap shot on Worley. They get a penalty and give up a few yards, we lose the leader of the offense. Lord, please keep Worley and everyone else healthy

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back