'17 TN RB/CB Chase Hayden (Arkansas commit)

VolGee4

All-purpose back
Germantown, Tennessee
St. George's

Ht:5'11"
Wt:170 lbs
Class:2017 (High School)

You know who his father was. I saw a headline about him on TOS and didn't see a thread. First time for me to start a player thread, so I am doing my best. I didn't realize that he literally goes to school about 5 minutes from my home. I am not sure how much we will really recruit him, but he has good cutback vision for a sophomore.

Chase Hayden - Yahoo! Sports

Mid-Season Sophmore Highlights - Chase Hayden highlights

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
He's averaging 10 yards a carry as a sophomore.

IMO he looks every bit as good as the more highly touted Ty Chandler for a 2017 back.

And the best part...

ALL VOL

Film doesnt blow me away as a RB, could be a decent DB maybe.

But he is still a sophmore so a lot can change in 2 years.

Even though he's still only a sophomore, Chase looks the part of a potential college football player as he stars on the field on Friday nights. Through eight games this season Chase has run for 1,093 yards on just 123 attempts with 14 touchdowns to go along with another kick return for a touchdown and an interception return for a touchdown.

He's already getting looks from Tennessee, Florida, Mississippi State and others. Chase credits his first start last year as a launching point to him knowing he has a chance to follow in his father's footsteps and play at the next level.

"I kind of started off slow last year but my first 100 yard game let me know I could do what I could do. It was the first time I started and I started off really good and I was making people miss and I got into a good groove," Chase said.

Aaron Hayden doubles as father and running backs coach on Friday night for his son and the rest of the St. George's backfield. He told his son after his breakout game as a freshman to keep working hard as good things were likely on their way.

His father was right when he said good things would start happening to him as he's already talked to Tennessee coaches Mark Elder and Robert Gillespie while visiting Knoxville last summer during camp and this year for games.

He's been to Tennessee's last two home games in Knoxville and has come away impressed with the environment.

"I like all the people that are there. I like the facilities and the complex. I feel like the coaches are nice and they treat you right," Chase said.

"He encourages me but he always tells me the truth," Chase said. "I am respectful, but I know he's going to expect more out of me than the other guys on the team so he pushes me harder."

"It makes me always want to be better than my dad," Chase said. "But, it helps because he tells me that he's been through things I'm going through and when I get upset he helps me out. It means a lot."
-VQ.

Reactions: 2 people
Another legacy of one of my favorite Vols! Hope he works his butt off and becomes a VFL!

Reactions: 2 people
Got a Vol offer today per tos and is most assuredly a Vol Lock.

As I noted earlier in this thread I think he is a really good player who will eventually be very highly ranked on the recruiting sites.

Last edited:
Hayden and Stewart were awesome. Happy for both father and son here. Hope Chase chooses UT.

Dad's proud...I like it:

@Ran4UT: Extremely proud of @Chase_Hayden2 receiving his 1st offer from my University. Keep Grinding, stay prayed up! #StayHungry#RBU#VFL#ProudDad

Reactions: 6 people
The sooner CBJ can have 2017 and 2018 commitments the sooner he has another recruiter working kids for those classes. Hope Chase decides to be one of those guys quickly. :loco:

The sooner CBJ can have 2017 and 2018 commitments the sooner he has another recruiter working kids for those classes. Hope Chase decides to be one of those guys quickly. :loco:

Only a matter of time, IMO. I think he could be one of our first commits for his class. Chase has looked great for just a sophomore.

"I was talking to coach Terry Fair (Tuesday) afternoon and they were about to go to practice and he just put coach (Butch) Jones on the phone and he told me that he wants to offer me a scholarship," Hayden said. It was exciting.

"It's pretty much all I know and pretty much the only college stadium I've been to and I love everything about it," Hayden said. "I love the coaches. I love atmosphere. I love the stadium and the facilities. I love everything about Tennessee.

"He told me that I was a legacy and that they'd love to see me play in the stadium and they would love to have me at Tennessee," Hayden said. "It was important. It made my day. It was really exciting."

"My day happened to be in the other room so he just heard me taking on the phone," Hayden explained. "He was just excited and was really happy."

"I'm kind of just enjoying the moment but I expect Tennessee always be there," Hayden said. "That's pretty much my dream school. I've loved them all my life so right now they have the lead."

Hayden finished his sophomore season with 1,715 yards and 20 rushing touchdowns.
-VQ.

Reactions: 7 people

VN Store

Back