Peterman at FL(2013) vs Worley at Ole Miss(2014)

Coug

I'd love to hear some stats and discussion comparing these two games. Honestly after watching that Ole Miss game I'm finding it hard to differentiate the two.

Reactions: 1 person
Worley was awful in the UF and Ole Miss game. People want to blame everything on the line but he isn't helping matters.

Reactions: 5 people
That like comparing sh&t with peanuts to sh&t with corn.

No, no it really isn't. Were you watching the Ole Miss game this past weekend? Also in case anyone forgot, the score for last years Florida game was only 31-17.

No, no it really isn't. Were you watching the Ole Miss game this past weekend? Also in case anyone forgot, the score for last years Florida game was only 31-17.

Ole Miss > UF by a wide margin

And no, Worleys performance was bad.

When "we only lost to Florida by two touchdowns" is an argument on VN, that tells you a lot about how far this program has fallen.

Go Vols.

Reactions: 3 people
I'd love to hear some stats and discussion comparing these two games. Honestly after watching that Ole Miss game I'm finding it hard to differentiate the two.

Peterman in 1st half
passing 4-11 5 yards
rushing 3 for -3
2 ints and a fumble

Worley most of the game
passing 19-34 191 yards
rushing 8 for -41
3ints and a fumble

Last edited:

Peterman had a hand in exactly 0 of the Tennessee points and 2 yards total offense

To the OP specifically, they were both terrible outings as the stats indicated. Peterman looked totally overwhelmed by the moment, Worley made some bad decisions and some bad throws to boot.

10671225_10152739762778864_2341681871439291059_n.jpg

The QB always gets too much of the blame and too much of the credit. The greats know what it takes to win and find a way when things don't go as planned or the team is missing elements.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 people
Worley has been given the keys to the car and permission to go wherever he wants. When Peterman gets the keys, he's told he can only drive it to the end of the driveway and back. Apparently, the coaches have little faith in him. Personally, I'd like to see him given a chance where he isn't limited to set plays. Let him create and be a qb. jmo

To the OP specifically, they were both terrible outings as the stats indicated. Peterman looked totally overwhelmed by the moment, Worley made some bad decisions and some bad throws to boot.

The unknown variable with Peterman in that Florida game however was how long he was actually playing with that broken thumb.

Worley has been given the keys to the car and permission to go wherever he wants. When Peterman gets the keys, he's told he can only drive it to the end of the driveway and back. Apparently, the coaches have little faith in him. Personally, I'd like to see him given a chance where he isn't limited to set plays. Let him create and be a qb. jmo

I don't disagree with you here. I understand Worley was undoubtedly frustrated and pressured during that game but to throw 2 int's directly at Ole Miss players and at least 2 passes into double coverage against the no. 3 team in the nation is just beyond unacceptable for a senior QB imo. It looked like amateur night.

Because Peterman has already totaled a car in Florida beyond repair and they had to get sr-22 insurance. He has had a chance and stunk it up. Worley played the #1 defense in the sec with a JV offensive line. He's a good QB but I believe he's starting to get frustrated with the booger eaters on the o-line. It's hard to run for your life for 4 quarters week in and week out.

Last edited:
Way to speak highly of your team and players Bocca vol. With fans like you, who needs rivalries.:no:

With 10 straight losses and only 5 wins or so over the last 20 years, um...what rivalry? We're florida's Vanderbilt. It's only s rivialry in our mind. We're just a speed bump to them.

Is this a serious question?

Yeah, thanks to a gift pick 6 from Driskel and Worley playing the second half which is when we scored all of our 10 offensive points. Let me remind you again of Peterman's stats vs Florida...

4-11, 5 yds, 0td, 2 ints, 1-2 fumbles (he was responsible for the first fumble although they gave it to Lane), 3 rushes for -3 yds. With Peterman in, our offense totaled 24 plays...4 yards and no points. By my math, with Peterman at the helm, that's 1 yards every 6 plays..... we also averaged 1 turnover every 6 plays. You got it....we had as many turnovers as we did yards with Peterman at qb vs Florida.

By contrast, in the second half, when Worley was the qb, he did have 2 ints (one of which was a late game desperation throw), we had 33 plays for net 204 total yds, including Worley's 123 yds passing.

See the difference? Same game, same players, same situations.

Worley showed bad judgment with the 3 picks vs OleMiss, but he partly did it because he's become freakin shell shocked trying to keep his composure behind our Highschool OL. Youre frustrated, I get it, so I am. But it can get worse, a lot worse with Peterman as our qb.

Reactions: 5 people

VN Store

Back