Justin Worley discussion (mega-merged)

VolsFanFromNY

That there are reports that Worley banged up his sore shoulder and may be out.......about 20 mins ago I heard this during the midday 180.

Reactions: 1 person
I keep seeing this, but I just got an update that said he was starting? SDS, confusing.

That there are reports that Worley banged up his sore shoulder and may be out.......about 20 mins ago I heard this during the midday 180.

I just read an article quoting Bajakian saying Worley is good to go and will start. Pete and Dobbs are on red alert though, per Jake.

I just read an article quoting Bajakian saying Worley is good to go and will start. Pete and Dobbs are on red alert though, per Jake.

That's what I read. Can't even remember what site it was though.

He actually said worley was good and progressing and sds said expected to start but nobody said he definitely would start

I still think Worley's elbow was more injured than he let the training staff know after the Georgia game. His throws have not been the same since.

Will be quite interesting to see how long CBJ goes with Peterman if Worley goes down. If Peterman doesn't move the offense at all, will CBJ roll the dice and put in Dobbs. That is the big question.

Unfortunately, they will both do a lot of running on Saturday if they play. Only good thing is that both have good wheels under them so running ain't the problem.

Reactions: 4 people
Lots of repetition on my part but, again, I'm hearing torn labrum. Cannot confirm right now however, but may be out for the season.

I'm not confident in Peterman and I don't think Dobbs has enough rust knocked of him.

Are there any skill position players that played QB in high-school? What would be wrong with playing Pig at QB to run the wildcat or pitch it or hand it off? Our passing game might be abysmal but I'm pretty sure it couldn't hurt that much. Of course, our O-line may have to learn more schemes which would probably be pointless.

Let's go Dobbs!!!!! The offense needs a change anyway who knows, maybe dobbs can spark a fire! thanks worley for your contributions to the vols!

Reactions: 6 people
I'm not confident in Peterman and I don't think Dobbs has enough rust knocked of him.

Are there any skill position players that played QB in high-school? What would be wrong with playing Pig at QB to run the wildcat or pitch it or hand it off? Our passing game might be abysmal but I'm pretty sure it couldn't hurt that much. Of course, our O-line may have to learn more schemes which would probably be pointless.

Behind our line the rust will get knocked off him pretty quick.... Oh wait

Reactions: 15 people

It's most likely going to be ugly...no reason to cross over to grotesque. :yuck:

Reactions: 2 people
Lots of repetition on my part but, again, I'm hearing torn labrum. Cannot confirm right now however, but may be out for the season.

Would they not have known this early in the week? Doesn't make any sense to hear it on Thursday, especially when coaches have said Worley is progressing, possibly being ready to start.

Reactions: 2 people
Would they not have known this early in the week? Doesn't make any sense to hear it on Thursday, especially when coaches have said Worley is progressing, possibly being ready to start.

I don't know, man. Like I said, I can't confirm it. Just passing along what I'm hearing.

Let's go Dobbs!!!!! The offense needs a change anyway who knows, maybe dobbs can spark a fire! thanks worley for your contributions to the vols!

Dobbs is good but don't expect miracles. Remember Dobbs was the q.b. last season against Vandy and we couldn't get that one last first down to win the game.

Also Dobbs was the starting q.b. against Missouri and we lost by a huge margin.

IF Dobbs was that great, then they would have sat Peterman for the season and played Dobbs.

Reactions: 3 people
Vol QB situation remains mystery for Alabama after starter Justin Worley's shoulder injury | AL.com

Jones said that they haven't decided yet as of yesterday.

"We'll have to make a decision here later in the week with Justin's status. The great thing for us is the way we practice all of our quarterback get equal reps in practice."

On Tuesday Jones said Worley was "making progress."

"We will see how it goes," Jones said. "Again, just like everyone he was out there for practice but we will see."

Dobbs is good but don't expect miracles. Remember Dobbs was the q.b. last season against Vandy and we couldn't get that one last first down to win the game.

Also Dobbs was the starting q.b. against Missouri and we lost by a huge margin.

IF Dobbs was that great, then they would have sat Peterman for the season and played Dobbs.

Does he have to be "great" to be better than Peterman? I think if he was as mediocre as you imply, Butch wouldn't have attempted to redshirt him either of his first two years.

I dont have any inside info, but just based on how the coaches have kind of side stepped questions I would say Worley will not play Saturday. So it may be Dobbs going on Saturday, has anyone in the media etc seen Worley throw a ball this week? Just curious

I don't know, man. Like I said, I can't confirm it. Just passing along what I'm hearing.

Appreciate the info either way, but I hope he's not done for the year. He's done his best, just hate to see it end that way for him.

VN Store

Back