Typical Classless Bama

Aerie Vol

Anyone in attendance at Neyland Saturday night got a good dose of classless Bama players and coaches. A few players (captains?) always come out onto the field during the Pride's pregame show. However, Saturday night, several players and at least one assistant coach exhibited some of the most classless behavior I've ever seen in the situation.

For no reason I can imagine other than to be a punk, the first player wandered (edited from wondered, lol, thanks Special Ed) out onto the field at least as far as the numbers while the colors were being retired. He began high-stepping, which I hope was a form of stretching, because if not, he was mocking the color guard AS they were retiring the flag of the USA.

A "black-shirt" (assistant band directors) had to run out onto the field and "force" the player to get off to the sideline where he belonged. At this point an assistant coach butted in and appeared to encourage the player to stay put. The black-shirt let him have it, too, and they both eventually retired to their sideline. All Pride members know - don't mess with the black-shirts!

A couple of minutes later, just after the Pride had graciously played whatever crap bama calls a fight song, several players, included Cooper, began playing catch in the middle of our flag squad in the endzone corner just below where I was sitting. Multiple black-shirts had to step in to get them out of the way. I don't think any flags got hit by the passes, but several were bumped by players as they attempted to march the formation regardless of the classless obstacles in their path.

Trash. But we knew that already. Gameball to the black-shirts.

AV

PS. Thought we had video of it, but my wife was only taking pics and none had the offending moments in them. Sorry. Thanks BV for posting that.

Last edited:
Reactions: 14 people
Do you happen to have video of this in the modern age when recording a video is much easier (and much more reliable) than taking the time to type out your indignation?

Reactions: 1 person
They also came onto the field before we were done with our pregame routine. They had their whole team on the field before the T ever opened up. That was completely disrespectful.

Reactions: 4 people
It goes both ways in rivalries. I had a friend and his dad (who is a preacher btw) are Alabama fans and were at Saturdays game. They got dog cussed the whole time and at the end, a couple of our fans said some pretty terrible/ignorant stuff. It pisses me off being a Tennessee fan and how they were treated. They didn't say one word back but they told me that they enjoyed seeing the team run thru the T and all the gameday traditions and atmosphere.

I don't like bama or any of our rivals for that matter, but don't take it out on their fans especially when they aren't taunting you.

Now as far as the OP goes, I agree that stuff should not happen. Have respect for the home teams field.

Reactions: 3 people
Here's the vid. Pretty bad on the 1st thing OP brought up.

Either gamesmanship or really bad timing on the 2nd.

Also, the guy leading Smoky falling was pretty bad as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StQORNaoFA0

LOL I was there and did see the guy leading Smokey slip--that was pretty funny. He got up and laughed it off with the co-handler as they ran to the corner of the endzone. :)

LOL I was there and did see the guy leading Smokey slip--that was pretty funny. He got up and laughed it off with the co-handler as they ran to the corner of the endzone. :)

If you've ever been on a golf course where they overseed, it's completely understandable why/how he slipped. Over-seeded rye on Bermuda is some slippery stufff especially if the slightest bit damp.

It goes both ways in rivalries. I had a friend and his dad (who is a preacher btw) are Alabama fans and were at Saturdays game. They got dog cussed the whole time and at the end, a couple of our fans said some pretty terrible/ignorant stuff. It pisses me off being a Tennessee fan and how they were treated. They didn't say one word back but they told me that they enjoyed seeing the team run thru the T and all the gameday traditions and atmosphere.

I don't like bama or any of our rivals for that matter, but don't take it out on their fans especially when they aren't taunting you.

Now as far as the OP goes, I agree that stuff should not happen. Have respect for the home teams field.

I want to take my kids to a game so bad, but this is why I never will. When they are grown its different, but I don't want my small kids hearing this crap. Go to the game and have fun. You don't have to be a disrespectful inconsiderate jerk in doing so.

Reactions: 5 people
Perhaps a gate at the visiting teams entrance point would help. Though not as blatant, other teams have pulled similar stunts.

I don't have enough posts to start a thread, and since I like the title to this one...I will post my question here.

If we the fans aren't allowed to smoke beyond the entry gates of Neyland Stadium, why is the visiting team allowed to, in their locker room???

And for the record, I'm not a disgruntal smoker...I've not smoked since September 2, 2014 :rock:

GBO!!!

Reactions: 3 people
We all know this crap goes both ways. To point out the bad Bammers is just a waste of time as it portrays we are of little guilt.

Next topic please...

Reactions: 2 people
I want to take my kids to a game so bad, but this is why I never will. When they are grown its different, but I don't want my small kids hearing this crap. Go to the game and have fun. You don't have to be a disrespectful inconsiderate jerk in doing so.

Joe, i took my whole family (first time) to the game. We sat in a section with several Bammers. There was only good natured ribbing happening. I was surprised and relieved. I gave the kids a little speech about what they might experience since i didnt know what would happen. Sadly, the only cussing and rudeness they heard were from UT fans out by the bathrooms and concession stands. Some people cannot hold their alcohol and have absolutely no business being drunk in public.

Funny story. Some Bammers were in our seats by mistake. I razzed them pretty good with stuff like, typical bammers can't read, etc....even got some laughs from the bammers around me.

Reactions: 2 people
I thought we were going to have velvet ropes and bouncers and re-name the stadium "Da Club"? Would that not fix this issue? (Sorry, but one of my all-time favorite threads here)

They also came onto the field before we were done with our pregame routine. They had their whole team on the field before the T ever opened up. That was completely disrespectful.

That was awful! They think they are so high and freaking mighty and I believe they used that dumbazs move as intimidation or up yours Tennessee. Same thing with their dollar band.. They played over our band each time possible. Bama sucks doggy doo. Grrrrrt

Doesn't it seem like the decent fans are the ones that catch hell instead of the ignorant loud mouth slob types? It's unfortunate

Don't let a few fan issues deter you. In 20 years literally the worst thing I ever saw was my middle school geography teacher drinking JD with other teachers.

Swearing? Well unless you keep the kids in a fruit cellar they have already heard every word imaginable then some.

I can understand that point of view, but my dad took me as a small child. I still remember smelling whisky for the first time and hearing a few unsavory comments, but my father used those situations as teaching moments without making a big deal out of it.

Reactions: 4 people
Always bewildered of those complaining of hearing cursing at a football game. You think the fans are bad? Thank goodness there aren't mics on the sideline and field

Off topic but did anyone else notice the dwarf on Alabama's sideline (this is not a jab at Saban)? I wonder what his function is? "Special" Teams Coordinator perhaps?

VN Store

Back