Game Thread Lady Vols vs Tennessee State

While the Winthrop game provided good tape on improving the half-court offense against a zone as well as blocking out in rebounding, how many over-matched teams will benefit the LVs. Injuries to Izzy and Jones and suspensions did give young players minutes and confidence but... It will be interesting who is on the floor initially against Texas.

I thought they were holding her out until January. The way were clogged on the perimeter not a lot of minutes to be had by her. Reynolds, Carter, Middleton, Massengale, Dunbar, Jones, and Nared have to share 120 minutes. You add Tucker that is 15 minutes per player. A good problem to have injuries which hopefully want happen want affect us like in past season unless they happen to a post.

Last month Holly said late November, if that holds, she should be available in around two weeks:search:, but she still has to sit two games after she cleared.:sad:

I hope we give her a standing ovation when she does enter the game. Mainly because it will be a relief for all the fans. All that has ever been done with this young lady is talk. (not all bad), and I know we will all be excited and relieved when she steps on court. :)

I thought they were holding her out until January. The way were clogged on the perimeter not a lot of minutes to be had by her. Reynolds, Carter, Middleton, Massengale, Dunbar, Jones, and Nared have to share 120 minutes. You add Tucker that is 15 minutes per player. A good problem to have injuries which hopefully want happen want affect us like in past season unless they happen to a post.

I went through that in another thread. Holly can easily distribute the minutes if she does it correctly. If you assume each game is (25/5) twenty five fifths, then each fifth is 8 minutes of time. You can distribute the minutes as follows: Harrison (3/5), Graves(3/5), Moore(2/5), and Burdick(2/5) at the 4 and 5. That's 10/5's. Jones(2/5), Nared (2/5) and Dunbar(1/5) at the 3. That's 15/5's. Dunbar(1/5), Tucker(2/5), and Middleton(2/5) at the 2. That's 20/5's. Then Mass(2/5), Carter(2/5), Middleton(1/5) at the 1. That's 25/5's. That would give you a template for everyone to get at least 16 minutes. The coach could adjust those slightly but I think it is important to give every one plenty of playing time.

Reactions: 1 person
I think it is important to give every one plenty of playing time.

The important thing is to have the best players on the court, have a solid rotation of subs where they are able to execute the plays, and have special case substitutions (defense, perimeter shooting, free throw shooting).

If Holly tries to divvy up minutes to try to keep players happy instead of fielding the best on court lineup, then she's not coaching.

You're right it is mid-late January, not November. I don't know what I was thinking when I said November....wishful thinking I guess:blush:

VN Store

Back