Offsides Penalty on 1st Onside Kick (Pic)

apsuhead

I don't see anyone offsides on the 1st onside kick. Who was the penalty on?

MOD Edit . . . Reverse angle pic...

offsides.jpg

Attachments

• utkick.jpg
    utkick.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 338
Reactions: 32 people
It doesn't matter if they were offsides. They called an illegal touching. And then called us offsides AFTER a review.

Refs blew that one hard.

Reactions: 29 people
Well judging by that pic, by the time his foot would have hit the ball the fourth guy from the bottom would easily be across the 35.

We played a good game there at the end. If only the OC would have made the adjustments at half that he made at the end of the game we could have easily won. But he didn't and we kept on running plays that developed too slow and Dobbs didn't have time to think so......

Reactions: 2 people
At least in the NFL, the kicker's plant foot can be offsides with no penalty. That is the case here, so no penalty.

Well judging by that pic, by the time his foot would have hit the ball the fourth guy from the bottom would easily be across the 35.

We played a good game there at the end. If only the OC would have made the adjustments at half that he made at the end of the game we could have easily won. But he didn't and we kept on running plays that developed too slow and Dobbs didn't have time to think so......

If they call the kicker offside on that then they should call every holder down on a fake field goal

Reactions: 31 people
I went back and replayed it over and over in slo-mo. Only guy offsides was the kicker. Technically, he was offsides, but never seen that called before.

Reactions: 1 person
f. Is not behind his restraining line when the ball is legally free-kicked.
Offside occurs when one or more players of the kicking team are not behind
their restraining line when the ball is legally free-kicked (Exception: The kicker
and holder are not offside when they are beyond their restraining line) (Rule
6-1-2).

Reactions: 10 people
I just went back and looked on my DVR because I couldn't believe the pic. It's true. Nobody eve close to offsides.

Reactions: 6 people
Guys, the kicker puts his plant foot down offside on every kickoff. I don't think you can call offsides for that.

Reactions: 2 people
Why even review illegal touching if we was offsides in the first place? Seems they should have just said, offsides lets re-kick.

Reactions: 3 people
f. Is not behind his restraining line when the ball is legally free-kicked.
Offside occurs when one or more players of the kicking team are not behind
their restraining line when the ball is legally free-kicked (Exception: The kicker
and holder are not offside when they are beyond their restraining line) (Rule
6-1-2).

Correct the kickers plant foot can be offside. There was no offside.

Reactions: 3 people
Since the original call wasn't offsides, shouldn't matter. You can't just "add on" a call when the first one doesn't pan out! SMH...

Reactions: 4 people
They did not call offsides after the review. Flag for offsides was thrown on original play. But the illegeal touch was announced by the official because that was the penalty that would be accepted by Mizzou. Offsides without illegeal touching would have resulted in another kick. Flag was thrown for offsides BEFORE the replay.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back