We Got Ourselves A Coach

Cletus P Fulmer

Guy coaches with passion and has the players on the same page...still some stupid mistakes(why does Moore foul like that) but these guys come to play...

Reactions: 10 people
We are undersized, can't shoot, have no true point guard. Yet we just beat a top 20 team early in the season with a whole new team. Damn straight this guy can coach.

Reactions: 43 people
We are undersized, can't shoot, have no true point guard. Yet we just beat a top 20 team early in the season with a whole new team. Damn straight this guy can coach.

Definitely overachieving and this is on the coach. Just saw that we are the only SEC team besides Kentucky to beat a ranked team.

Reactions: 9 people
They just got out coached. Our defense was suffocating them at the end. Great win onto NC State

Yeah I agree. GREAT half time adjustment. Not ready to coronate CDT a really good coach just yet but I'm about as close as one can get. Man he gives everything he has on that sideline. Don't like slamming on CCM but I have missed that passion on the sideline and glad it's back. I could however do without that trashy mouth..,GREAT WIN VOLS!!!!

Reactions: 4 people
CDT is a great coach . I've been saying it for a while . Making the tournament is not as much of a stretch as a lot of the posters on here have made it out to be

Reactions: 2 people
How is his recruiting for you guys that religiously keep in the know on that? Say 1 to 10, 10 being calipari. I know I've liked watching em play. They are scrappy as hell on defense.

Yeah I agree. GREAT half time adjustment. Not ready to coronate CDT a really good coach just yet but I'm about as close as one can get. Man he gives everything he has on that sideline. Don't like slamming on CCM but I have missed that passion on the sideline and glad it's back. I could however do without that trashy mouth..,GREAT WIN VOLS!!!!

Hire Pastner from Memphis he doesn't swear.:eek:lol:

How is his recruiting for you guys that religiously keep in the know on that? Say 1 to 10, 10 being calipari. I know I've liked watching em play. They are scrappy as hell on defense.

6 his first yr.....a 2 his second yr but potential to improve the faster we move past the NCAA stuff.

He makes the last guy look like a stiff!!

Oops, the last guy made himself look like a stiff!

DT is a big improvement of the last guy!!!

Reactions: 10 people

Easily the walk away from this game. If Martin coaches, we don't come close to winning this game (given the circumstances you outlined above).

Reactions: 6 people
Easily the walk away from this game. If Martin coaches, we don't come close to winning this game (given the circumstances you outlined above).

I guess no way to know that for sure but this is for sure...win or lose...they certainly wouldn't be as much fun to watch....I've really enjoyed watching the team play...now agreed...the silly sometimes freshman mistakes are hard but its still fun...

I guess no way to know that for sure but this is for sure...win or lose...they certainly wouldn't be as much fun to watch....I've really enjoyed watching the team play...now agreed...the silly sometimes freshman mistakes are hard but its still fun...

It kept me awake on Sunday Afternoon - last year I would have been making coffee to wake up. Great win !

Good job by CDT.

Please leave Martin out of this though. Its annoying. We don't know what would have happened with him coaching. If its more exciting depends on your opinion. We are scoring less and winning with d just like Martin. Its not really much difference between the two.

Obviously, you can't know in absolute terms (but you can say that about any comparison).

The point being that Tyndall's team is much better coached than Martin's teams. Winning at home by 12, against a well-coached veteran top-15 team when trailing by 6 at the half, given the lack of a point guard, a woefully undersized team, eight new faces, and learning a new system is very impressive. I simply don't believe Martin could have ever pulled such a game off.

Reactions: 6 people
Good job by CDT.

Please leave Martin out of this though. Its annoying. We don't know what would have happened with him coaching. If its more exciting depends on your opinion. We are scoring less and winning with d just like Martin. Its not really much difference between the two.

Huge difference in the two, but I agree with leaving that last coach out of the discussion.

Reactions: 1 person
Good job by CDT.

Please leave Martin out of this though. Its annoying. We don't know what would have happened with him coaching. If its more exciting depends on your opinion. We are scoring less and winning with d just like Martin. Its not really much difference between the two.[/QUOTE

lmao!!!

Reactions: 2 people
Obviously, you can't know in absolute terms (but you can say that about any comparison).

The point being that Tyndall's team is much better coached than Martin's teams. Winning at home by 12, against a well-coached veteran top-15 team when trailing by 6 at the half, given the lack of a point guard, a woefully undersized team, eight new faces, and learning a new system is very impressive. I simply don't believe Martin could have ever pulled such a game off.

He did pull that off though. We were picked bottom of the barrel in the SEC his first year. We beat #13 Final Four team UF, a better team than this Butler team 67-56 . People seem to have very selective memory when it comes to Martin.

Reactions: 1 person
Good job by CDT.

Please leave Martin out of this though. Its annoying. We don't know what would have happened with him coaching. If its more exciting depends on your opinion. We are scoring less and winning with d just like Martin. Its not really much difference between the two.[/QUOTE

lmao!!!

What is so funny? The comparisons are dumb. We are scoring less and haven't won anymore than Martin did his first year with more returning talent and production tham Martin had. No way we can say for sure who is better at this point.

VN Store

Back