Pretty Cool Article on WBIR

We r n a bowl because sc was terrible..without them stinking we would be home.. Winning six was the bare min to show any progress over the choke job of vandy last yr..

I'm happy we r n a bowl but dont act like cbj did something extraordinary.. I say he underperformed with fla being so bad..

Reactions: 7 people
We r n a bowl because sc was terrible..without them stinking we would be home.. Winning six was the bare min to show any progress over the choke job of vandy last yr..

I'm happy we r n a bowl but dont act like cbj did something extraordinary.. I say he underperformed with fla being so bad..

Sure doesn't sound like you're happy. Sounds like you're trying to find something negative when the program is trending up.

Reactions: 34 people

Are you for real? There are seriously Tennessee fans out there who think this?

Considering how horrid the 2012 defense was I would say that there are some pretty good stats in there.

Is it a lot slower than what we would all like yes, but in 2016 there is no excuse for less than 9 wins.

The stat that stands out to me most is 3rd least penalized football team in the NCAA that is impressive considering how many freshman were playing. That shows very good disciplinary coaching.

Also impressive that the Vols finished with the highest recorded GPA as well.

6-6 is less than we all wanted Florida and Georgia were both winnable football games.

I am happy to say I support the program being built the right way. No Thug U. At times this season building the program properly HURT but it is the right way of doing things.

Congrats to the staff, for this year 6-6 was a decent job. Good enough for a raise in my eyes. BUT we are committed to this staff until 2020 So enjoy the ride.

When competing for SEC and National Championships these 5 things showing progress may not matter as much BUT as of now they are great fundamentals to build from.

Reactions: 1 person
Sure doesn't sound like you're happy. Sounds like you're trying to find something negative when the program is trending up.

Neyland was OK, but the rest of CFB was a joke in those days.

Fulmer's success in the 90s was because the SEC was weak and had no good coaches exc CSS.

We backed into the National Title in 98-99 b/c of bad officiating at SU, UFs turnovers, stumble & fumble, and FSU's 3rd string QB.

... I think it's called the legions of the miserable. :unsure:

Reactions: 6 people

Dumb.

Reactions: 4 people
5 positives... I'll take it. It's been a while since we are looking up at the end of a season... And that makes no mention of the outstanding recruiting.

Reactions: 2 people
really i just ask what coach couldnt us to six wins considering the teams we beat... ill take it but jeez.. again tell me outside of a recruiting class what they did that showed they r great... please answer.. sheep will always follow...

all im saying is that this staff really didnt accomplish anything great this yr.. if im wrong show me the facts.. stats r bs.. w n l is all that matters.. did he beat fla..no he has lost to vandy... has he beat ga or bama no.. did he beat a ranked team in 2013..no..

the teams we beat to get to six wins r a joke.. if u think differently... im sorry...

Reactions: 2 people

eeyores-gloomy-place.gif

Reactions: 9 people
i stand by my post tell me what this staff did to show we r back or he gets it..... other than we r n a bowl.. he has the same record as dools....... until he breaks out... tell me about bsia.. sheep...

Try reading the article first. You clearly don't remember what a Dooley/Sunseri defense was like. We were lucky to win pretty much every game played throughout Dooley's tenure - embarrassing. No resemblance to this year's team. Everyone would have preferred we won at least UF and GA, but to not recognize or persist in ignoring the progress is just dumb.

Reactions: 3 people
Try reading the article first. You clearly don't remember what a Dooley/Sunseri defense was like. We were lucky to win pretty much every game played throughout Dooley's tenure - embarrassing. No resemblance to this year's team. Everyone would have preferred we won at least UF and GA, but to not recognize or persist in ignoring the progress is just dumb.

There's no sense in trying to reason with a troll. This guy obviously has something against the staff or the players. There is no true Tennessee fan that can objectively say there has been no progress... Let alone compare Butch to Dooley...

286868d1355168459-wicked-tuna-trolldetected.gif

Reactions: 6 people
i stand by my post tell me what this staff did to show we r back or he gets it..... other than we r n a bowl.. he has the same record as dools....... until he breaks out... tell me about bsia..

You said it "we r n a bowl". The same record, yes, but that's where the similarity ends. Butch is changing the culture that "Dools" was ruining. How's the recruiting working out for you? Great recruiters on this staff. Going into the third year Butch will feel some heat if it doesn't produce wins. Butch and staff had a deep hole to dig out of. :whistling:

GO VOLS!

With "fans" like this, who needs rivals? :crazy:

Reactions: 3 people
For me, I wanted to see what the losses looked like against this season vs. last. I thought the records would be similar, but did UT make up any ground on the competition?

OU- 1st road trip and the Vols were respectable and never quit. CHECK

UGA- Again, the Vols never quit. CHECK

UF- This was bad!

Ole Miss- Just a beat down!

Bama- This is where I tip my cap to the team. They fell behind big early on and fought back when they could have mailed it in. CHECK!!!!

Mizzou- This game looked like the season had taken its toll on the team but they hung in there. CHECK

Progress is in the details. Yes, the records are similar but the losses weren't embarrassments. We're gaining ground and reinforcements are coming.

And? They were better than SC and got the job done. That's like saying if every team they played were top 5 teams they would be winless.

UT improved in nearly every area despite losing experience. As for the Florida loss, yes it was bad but they had just blew it up against the Dawgs. Kinda came out of nowhere I guess you suggest benching Worley? No way you would have.

Seriously go pull for Bama or Ohio State.

Reactions: 1 person

:mf_surrender: I give up trying to understand some people.

:mf_surrender: I give up trying to understand some people.

I think he makes his evaluation clear. And based on his stats he is correct. WINS and LOSES. He is not concerned about any details of building a program. Internal issues, relationships, culture, and all of the other details needed to build a program. He would have been very happy with Bill Battle the first few years. Win on talent alone -- until it runs out!!!

Neyland was OK, but the rest of CFB was a joke in those days.

Fulmer's success in the 90s was because the SEC was weak and had no good coaches exc CSS.

We backed into the National Title in 98-99 b/c of bad officiating at SU, UFs turnovers, stumble & fumble, and FSU's 3rd string QB.

... I think it's called the legions of the miserable. :unsure:

That's your opinion. Nothing more; nothing less. I, along with a lot of other Vol fans, would, wholeheartedly, disagree with you.

VN Store

Back