OC candidates interviewed

I like a few of those but id roll with Helton if possible. Mazzone did well with bret hundley who is similar to Dobbs.

Reactions: 3 people
Why would Helton leave SC for UT? He wont.

Why would Mazzone leave UCLA? Because he's being run out of town.

Helton's out. Too expensive; I don't see UTAD paying $1m to an OC.

Mazzone and Canada would both cost some money; though, not an unreasonable amount. Probably $550k-$750k.

DeBord should pay us if he's hired (jk, but oh well).

Azzani doesn't meet CBJ's stated experience requirements.

So, it'll be Canada, DeBord, or Mazzone.

With Helton more than likely not leaving USC...In my eyes that leaves Canada and Mazzone seeing that they have both been OC/QB coaches the would be the best fit. They both also run a spread style offense and tend to work with the type of qb they have.

Why would Helton leave SC for UT? He wont.
Why would Mazzone leave UCLA? Because he's being run out of town.

Many fans believe because UT is our favorite, the same is true for everyone. They also believe we have more money than all others to throw around.
A mattress is burned at the mere thought of some people having a different preference.

Some of the big names I have seen suggested are almost laughable.
You know, the guys who will only be leaving their current position for a HC job.

Mike DeBoard-Michigan
Matt Canada-NC State
Clay Helton-USC
Noel Mazzone-UCLA
Kurt Roper
Zac Azzani-Tennessee

This is according to Coaching Search | The most coaching news throughuout the day

Tennessee: Butch Jones has interviewed five candidates for the offensive coordinator job, according to WNML’s Jimmy Hyams, who reports candidates include Michigan sport administrator Mike DeBord, Tennessee wide receivers coach Zach Azzanni, NC State offensive coordinator Matt Canada, USC offensive coordinator Clay Helton, UCLA offensive coordinator Noel Mazzone and former Florida offensive coordinator Kurt Roper.

VN Store

Back