Blair disappointment leads to?

No. UT has OL options. IMHO, the real competition is for one position. If you start the experience of Kerbyson, Jackson, and Crowder then that would make it MUCH easier to start a young player at the other OT spot.

DT is MUCH thinner than OL. The only reason to move him back is that he doesn't develop well as a DT.

Reactions: 1 person
...threads like this.

j/k, I don't mind this thread at all. The question in the thread title just begged a response along these lines. Carry on! :)

If Dontavius can't claim a starting tackle spot, does that move Charles Mosley back to offense?
Any other changes?

No, Mosely's not projected to be an OT. He may be moved to offense, but it appears it would most likely be to OG. Good thing is we have options finally on the offensive line, a lot of talented bodies....only question is, who can be effective at tackle? Our choices are Blair, Kendrick, Thomas, Kerbyson, Hall, Jones and of course...Richmond. I'm praying for Blair, Kendrick, Richmond and/or Jones to fill the 2 spots....they appear to me to be best suited athletic-wise.

According to CBJ, Players like Mosely are given the opportunity on Defense first.. If after 3 or 4 practices it appears he is a better fit on the OLine (speed issues) then they would move him.. Either way, he does not have the frame for offensive tackle, nor would it be fair to him to move him if somebody else is struggling.. Blair had just never been challenged and got by in HS and Juco on size alone.. His size and speed are perfect for OT but his temperament and strength needed work.. I think either Big Dan becomes a run stuff interior DLineman or a big hawg OG. Either way, he is still JUST a freshman.. Plenty of time to become great, which for lineman usually takes 2 or 3 years..

Reactions: 3 people
Can Mosely move? Doesn't he weigh about 330 or somesuch? Sounds like he needs to lose weight to be effective on either side of the ball.

Does anyone know for sure how Blair is doing i mean he has the size and has been here for awhile whats the problem?

book it. Blair = 2nd string at best.

that he's ready for SEC prime time. He wasn't close to being ready to even play last, much less excell. I'm sure he's stronger and in better shape, and so might be ready to get on the field--but that doesn't mean he'll be good. We'll known lots more in four weeks or so. Hope he's ready to rumble.

book it. Blair = 2nd string at best.

Tend to agree. Spoke with a guy on the plane about a month ago that works in the Athletic Department. He basically confirmed what most of us already know. Blair is overweight and out of shape and does not have the drive or discipline to be a great player for UT.

Can Mosely move? Doesn't he weigh about 330 or somesuch? Sounds like he needs to lose weight to be effective on either side of the ball.

Heard Swain and Stokes say this morning that although he's still not 100%, that they were very surprised how quick he was yesterday. Said again what an excellent athlete he is.

Reactions: 4 people
Like Coleman Thomas stated...if you had any ability, you would be out there too. In my opinion 2nd String is still better than what you would achieve. I don't think that you would even make the team...

Are you 12?

Either way, you're right. No way in hell I could make the team right now. I guess from your stand point, if you cant make the team, you cant have an opinion. That being said, i'm guessing you should probably zip your lip too.

Last edited:
Reactions: 13 people
Tend to agree. Spoke with a guy on the plane about a month ago that works in the Athletic Department. He basically confirmed what most of us already know. Blair is overweight and out of shape and does not have the drive or discipline to be a great player for UT.

Overweight? He just recently weighed in at 300lbs. I wouldn't call that overweight for someone who is 6'7". I think we need to just chill on this for now, and see how the spring plays out.

Reactions: 2 people
Mosley will probably stay at DT through the spring. He will help the numbers problem for practice. CBJ emphasized that he is still some time away from being 100%. If he gets anything from spring practice, it will be conditioning. Prior to summer, they will make a decision on where he fits best.

Blair is a different story. I hoping that he was with the scout team because he just needs to earn his spot on the 2nd team and eventually the 1st team. We'll see as the spring plays out. My gut feeling is that he will leave the team after spring. Can't see CBJ letting a roster spot go to waste.

VN Store

Back