Evan Berry

JohnMcA60

I was very impressed with him at safety yesterday. He had some good hits and some decent coverage. I think he ended with 9 total tackles yesterday and I think he should be getting some love. He is really growing as a safety and I can't wait till its TK and Evan Berry patrolling the middle in 2016. Any others who stood out to everyone??

Reactions: 14 people
He needs to be on the field as much as possible. Maybe they can play him at Nickle this season so he can see more playing time.

Reactions: 1 person
Off topic but I wonder why we're not hearing much out of Elliot?? I'm guessing Evan is the more talented of the two orrrrr is just Developing quicker.

Off topic but I wonder why we're not hearing much out of Elliot?? I'm guessing Evan is the more talented of the two orrrrr is just Developing quicker.

Elliott is still transitioning to LB...Evan was always rated higher and now he's playing a much freer position at safety...suits his skills and instincts better IMO. By the time Elliott graduates, he'll stand out as a LB...but he can pace and learn behind the standouts in front of him for the time being.

Reactions: 3 people
Didn't Elliot play RB in high school? Maybe just taking him longer to pick up a new position

Didn't Elliot play RB in high school? Maybe just taking him longer to pick up a new position

From what I saw Yesterday, UT needs experience at RB to add depth to the position. Maybe Elliot should get a look there too.

Evan looks like his brother. I don't know if he is the ball hawk Eric was. We'll find out.

Remember when Eric was a freshman we really needed a safety. Bad!

Randolph and McNeil make it to where the coaches don't feel the need to thrust Evan in. Because they are both good safeties.
Same for TKjr.

We will get a championship under Evan and TKs tenure.

Its good to have depth.

Reactions: 5 people
From what I saw Yesterday, UT needs experience at RB to add depth to the position. Maybe Elliot should get a look there too.

I wish they'd make that move but the new mantra for LB is speed and athleticism. And Elliot looked great yesterday.

Evan looked fast fast fast. They both hit like a mule.

Reactions: 3 people
I wish they'd make that move but the new mantra for LB is speed and athleticism. And Elliot looked great yesterday.

One thing is certain, this staff is more concerned about depth on defense rather than offense. Everything they have done so far is very similar to the way Saban rebuilt Bama. Maybe, Butch is using Saban's blueprint to rebuild UT brick by brick.

one thing is certain, this staff is more concerned about depth on defense rather than offense. Everything they have done so far is very similar to the way saban rebuilt bama. Maybe, butch is using neyland's blueprint to rebuild ut brick by brick.

fyp

Reactions: 2 people

Wasn't Evan a 100m state champion in Georgia? Or was that Elliott?

Off topic: can we please name Cam Sutton, Popcorn Sutton? Pops you you like like pop corn or strikes like white lightning!

I need a life

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 people
In response to folks asking. Elliot had a nice hit in the 1q on the walk on RB. I had to rewind and see who laid the wood. Evan looked pretty good all game. I could see him making some plays this year for us.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Wasn't Evan a 100m state champion in Georgia? Or was that Elliott?

Yes. Evan is extremely fast and he had some nice plays during the O&W game. Nice 1 on 1 rep against Ethan Wolf and around 9 tackles. Very productive day and can't wait to see how he contributes this year. Hell I'd send him on some safety blitzes with the speed he has. Also looks like he added some much needed muscle this winter offseason but kept his speed. Hoping, if anything, we see him house a kick return this year.

I have to say this, Like the Manning family raising some great kids and 2 really good football players, we also have to give huge respect for the Berry family as well.

Mrs and Mr Berry raised some great kids and it's looking like they also raised 3 great football players.

I give both of those families huge respect!

#BrickbyBrick...VFL...GBO!!!

Reactions: 4 people

VN Store

Back