'15 CA JUCO WR Rafael Araujo-Lopes

Aesius

Hudl tapes: RAFAEL ARAUJO-LOPES - Hudl

JUCO profile: Rafael Araujo-Lopes | #7 | WR | Reedley - CCCAA

According to VQ, Coach Z was recently in California to see him.

He's eligible to play this upcoming season. Was a JUCO All-American and caught 74 passes for 1,229 yards and 17 TDs.

Was recently offered his first FBS scholarship by Pitt and was thought to be headed there, but may have changed his mind after speaking with Coach Z, as he told a Fresno reporter on Twitter that reports of him committing to Pitt were untrue.

He played high school football in Central Florida, so proximity is in favor of the Vols.

Would be a big pickup with VP's future in doubt.

Reactions: 4 people
Wow! This staff doesn't sit around and feel sorry for themselves do they?

Late edit: Was it uncertainty over credits that kept him from signing earlier?

Last edited:
also worth mentioning he has only played 1 yr at JUCO and will def blow up with more offers if he were to stay another yr in JUCO. Perfect fit for Spread teams. Would be a good pickup even if Von were to return bc he would be a 3 yr guy like JJ.

its bc he would be leaving after 1 yr. He showed up to JUCO, played a season and is flying under radar.....for now.

He was a JUCO AA. I would think that he would have more pub, but he is listed as a Freshman, so many may have just skipped over him awaiting next year.

He was a JUCO AA. I would think that he would have more pub, but he is listed as a Freshman, so many may have just skipped over him awaiting next year.

thats exactly whats happened. You get him now if you can because if he were to be a c/o 2016 guy then you will absolutely have to deal with more schools over him.

Need to be looking at some of his o-line teammates, QB has all day.

Love how he goes up for the ball and cuts back in field instead of stepping out of bounds. My seal of approval, which merits very little weight around here.

Reactions: 2 people
found it strange he is considered a '15 recruit. unless he early enrolled or took extra classes i didn't think you could leave that early.

found it strange he is considered a '15 recruit. unless he early enrolled or took extra classes i didn't think you could leave that early.

You can bypass the 2 year rule if you were D1 eligible out of high school. I have no background on this kid, but that's the normal reason when guys get out of JUCO in one year.

Need to be looking at some of his o-line teammates, QB has all day.

Love how he goes up for the ball and cuts back in field instead of stepping out of bounds. My seal of approval, which merits very little weight around here.

i think his qb signed with a mountain west team so he wasnt a complete scrub either.

You can bypass the 2 year rule if you were D1 eligible out of high school. I have no background on this kid, but that's the normal reason when guys get out of JUCO in one year.

I don't think Justin Martin qualified...but took the GED and then went to Juco...something offbeat.

Reactions: 1 person
I don't think Justin Martin qualified...but took the GED and then went to Juco...something offbeat.

Martin had grade issues in HS so he decided to leave HS early and head to JUCO. He was able to get everything done with that extra time in JUCO to be able to transfer after one year.

This staff seriously is always finding some way to make ish happen. It's crazy. This would be huge if we found a way to squeeze him in. Heck it's late enough that we could probably blue shirt him

Reactions: 5 people
130322_RIVALS_ORLANDO_0292_8583422328_O150.JPG

Feb. 11, 2014: National Signing Day has come and gone.

That’s OK, says Winter Park running back Rafael “RaRa” Lopes. The gifted playmaker, who has dazzling moves and speedy feet, especially with the ball in his hands, is confident his own signing day will come. When and where, we don’t know, but eventually, somehow, somebody will come calling.

“I’m not really talking to anybody specifically. I haven’t had any offers. I’m not in any rush to sign. I just kind of have to wait out the process now to see who falls through and see who goes where and maybe I’ll fall in somewhere,” said Lopes, who is the No. 28-ranked prospect in the Central Florida 2014 Super60.

He’s a multifaceted running back who also has the grades to play at the next level, even the Football Bowl Subdivision level if he’s fortunate enough to get a look. He is already fully qualified for admission through the NCAA’s academic clearinghouse.

So what has been the problem? Winter Park had a great season, going 10-2. Lopes, too, had a great season as running back, slot receiver and even wildcat quarterback.

Chris Hays, The Prospector: Winter Park's RaRa Lopes still hanging on to hope - tribunedigital-orlandosentinel

Reactions: 4 people

VN Store

Back