BR predicts Vols W-L record

The good thing about this outcome is it would put us winning several in a row on the back half of the season. That's a good way to jump the rankings and end up in a great bowl game.

Personally, I take joy in the prediction that we destroy the gators in the swamp

This. Beat Florida and go 9-3 as this BR articile predicts for the regular season and that sets up 2016 to be a great year.
I find it hard to believe anyone stable would be unsatisified with 9-3.

Reactions: 10 people
I think we beat OU at home and we do it in style.

Can't predict a FL win until we actually do it.

Reactions: 7 people
This. Beat Florida and go 9-3 as this BR articile predicts for the regular season and that sets up 2016 to be a great year.

I would be satisfied with it but sure would like to see us finally beat UGA too and punch our ticket to Atlanta.

Id love to go 6-2 in SEC play and then get a revenge victory over Bama
:bammer:

Reactions: 2 people

Especially with a win over Florida.

If the Vols do go 9-3, it's more likely that the 3 loses are at Florida, Alabama, and Mizzou.

I don't think anyone could complain about a season like that. I expect 8-4 but 9-3 would be a fantastic surprise. Especially with the only loss in the east being to Georgia.

The writer got just one game definitely wrong. We're gonna own Oklahoma in Neyland this year.

A few others could go either way, won't argue with him about those. But he squibbed the Oklahoma pick.

Reactions: 1 person
if we could pick three losses I say lose the first.. then N. Texas.. and then.. umm... ummm... Okay..10-2!!!!

Go Vols!!

Game 2, Oklahoma (Sept 12)

"Sophomore star Samaje Perine grinds out the tough yards, and redshirt freshman phenom Joe Mixon has a breakout game on the national stage to put the Sooners ahead.

Meanwhile, quarterback Baker Mayfield spends the first half executing new OU coordinator Lincoln Riley's high-octane offense to perfection in a mistake-free half."

Stop the presses, EDIT that --

Sophomore star Samaje Perine grinds out some tough yards, and while redshirt freshman extraordinaire Joe Mixon punished last week's Akron, his breakouts will simply have to resume again Game #3, as the brick wall from newcomers Shy Tuttle and K-mac seal this Tenn D as too far and above the OU run game. Sooners post good ground yardage overall, but struggle to ever regain a lead after midway 3rd qtr.

On the quarterback front, transfer Baker Mayfield looked fluid and is sure to work out the two costly mistakes, but his 2014 field-absence was the deciding factor working against him by Tenn's outside pressure and astounding secondary coverage. OU coordinator Lincoln Riley's offense will shine 110% no doubt, but it was simply too early in the new system to keep this future high-octane pumping against the returning starters and beastly freshmen of the Orange Swarm tonite."

Tenn's season by no means was hanging on this OOC game, but with the Victory sealed, the Vols move on to face their perennial archrival Florida Gators in two weeks.

Reactions: 5 people

VN Store

Back