DeBord already paying 'big dividends' for Vols

I thought we were in for an upgrade and it appears we have exactly that. Of course the play calling will be the big test. Think we're in good shape. We'll know for sure in a few months.

Reactions: 4 people
I thought we were in for an upgrade and it appears we have exactly that. Of course the play calling will be the big test. Think we're in good shape. We'll know for sure in a few months.

I agree.....I have liked this hire from the very beginning...I think we will have a more explosive offense

Reactions: 3 people
I admit I was skeptical, probably wont second guess Butch again. By all appearances DeBord is a great addition to the staff.

Reactions: 1 person
Let's give it some real game time before we start jumping through hoops....like what I see so far though.

Reactions: 1 person
Aside from the hard work that they're putting into it, Jones, DeBord, and the other staff members seem to be having fun out there on the practice field laughing and smiling more often than not. I think that's a good sign.

Reactions: 2 people
CBJ hired his mentor. He will probably do wonders in terms of getting the team prepared, especially the O line. They better be vastly improved. This season pretty much rests on how much that group improves.

The play calling can be on the same level and it will be fine...if the line gets with the program.

I have no idea how good DeBord is at play calling. I doubt that's why he was hired. This season lives and dies on the O line.

That's why Butch made his OC pick. I hope he made the correct choice.

I still say 8 wins.

Reactions: 2 people
CBJ hired his mentor. He will probably do wonders in terms of getting the team prepared, especially the O line. They better be vastly improved. This season pretty much rests on how much that group improves.

The play calling can be on the same level and it will be fine...if the line gets with the program.

I have no idea how good DeBord is at play calling. I doubt that's why he was hired. This season lives and dies on the O line.

I still say 8 wins.
this

I love that we seem to have a very competent, very experienced, staff unifying OC that will let the players get the credit if the offense is successful instead of a skinny jeans wearing, attention wh@£€ brat of an OC that will want to grab the credit himself for a successful offense and leverage it for another job or to fiscally rape the UT Athletic Department.

Reactions: 3 people
CBJ is playing chess, while our resident Madden experts play checkers. This will be a fun team to watch this fall.

I think we will see a drastically improved offensive line under DeBord. If this line is just average by SEC standards, this is an 8-9 win team, not including the bowl.

Reactions: 6 people
Good grief: I hope the offense is the most exciting in UT history, but this is nothing more than a PR article--the usual promotional blather masquerading as a real story. First, the season hasn't started, so you haven't picked "the right guy" until we see the offense performing and executing at a high level in SEC games--scoring points, winning games. Second, what do you think Jones is going to say: "Er, Mike is my longtime friend, but to be honest I'm concerned I may have made a mistake with this hire. I didn't realize it but he's really old, and I think he's lost it."

Reactions: 4 people
go watch Bray in his last 2 games as a vol...that takes the fun out of it...

Ill give the wait and see who wants it approach instead of what fan wants it more.

Guess I should've used blue font :)

This might be my fav thread title of 2015 and this might be my favorite CBJ quote of 2015:

“We know him. We trust him. And, again, he has paid big dividends because our players believe and respect him.”

I still say 8 wins.

The line ISNT with the program. He hasn't signed them yet lol

Too soon! Waiting to see what happens on the field.

Maybe so, but it was not too soon when most posters jumped on CBJ when he hire him. I think it was the perfect hire and I have learned to be careful in criticizing CBJ because of his decisions.

Good grief: I hope the offense is the most exciting in UT history, but this is nothing more than a PR article--the usual promotional blather masquerading as a real story. First, the season hasn't started, so you haven't picked "the right guy" until we see the offense performing and executing at a high level in SEC games--scoring points, winning games. Second, what do you think Jones is going to say: "Er, Mike is my longtime friend, but to be honest I'm concerned I may have made a mistake with this hire. I didn't realize it but he's really old, and I think he's lost it."

Do us all a favor a play in traffic.

Reactions: 6 people

Most of your posts are drivel, but I happen to agree with you here.

He's definitely got the mentor and experience thing down -- now we need to see if the game has passed him by once we get on the field... hopefully he will stick to Butch's offense scheme and we should be fine....

VN Store

Back