walk-on LB Will Jumper to join Vols

kamoshika

...Bob Welton, director of player personnel at The University of Tennessee, Jumper's dream school, got in touch with Jumper a couple of weeks ago to offer Jumper a preferred walk-on position.

The method in which Welton reached out to Jumper may be a bit unconventional, but it worked all the same for both of the parties. Welton got a glimpse of Jumper's highlight tape and reached out to Colton Jumper, Will's older brother that is also a walk-on at Tennessee.

"Being recruited by UT actually just came up in the past two weeks," Jumper said. "Bob Whelton got in touch with my brother about me. He had just recently seen my film. It was just kind of a spur of the moment thing that came up, and I couldn't really turn down that opportunity."

Baylor's Jumper headed to Tennessee - River City Sports

6-3, 215
4.6 40
4.27 shuttle
32" vertical
Will Jumper - Hudl

Reactions: 15 people
Don't know how many heard Doug Mathews' show yesterday, but Thig was on talking about his linebackers.....and he absolutely raved about Colton....literally spent more time discussing him than any other of the guys, said "they just couldn't deny the kid" because of his presence, tenacity and physicality. Made it sound like he'll be in the rotation somewhere. Hopefully his younger brother is cut from the same cloth and winds up being a diamond in the rough as well.

Reactions: 7 people
Good, more competition. By all reports his brother is holding his own right now. I'm all for these in-state kids getting their shot.

I get it..."jump", Jumper... his last name is Jumper so you said don't "jump" ....

...Bob Welton, director of player personnel at The University of Tennessee, Jumper's dream school, got in touch with Jumper a couple of weeks ago to offer Jumper a preferred walk-on position.

The method in which Welton reached out to Jumper may be a bit unconventional, but it worked all the same for both of the parties. Welton got a glimpse of Jumper's highlight tape and reached out to Colton Jumper, Will's older brother that is also a walk-on at Tennessee.

"Being recruited by UT actually just came up in the past two weeks," Jumper said. "Bob Whelton got in touch with my brother about me. He had just recently seen my film. It was just kind of a spur of the moment thing that came up, and I couldn't really turn down that opportunity."

Baylor's Jumper headed to Tennessee - River City Sports

6-3, 215
4.6 40
4.27 shuttle
32" vertical
Will Jumper - Hudl

Thanks for sharing! Out of curiosity, how did you stumble upon this article and River City Sports?

"Although Jumper played both linebacker and tight end in high school while racking up 117 tackles on the defensive side his senior season, Tennessee looks to use Jumper as an H-back type player in the spread-style offense brought in by Butch Jones."

interesting

thats a bit hard for an h-back The H-back lines up similarly to a tight end, but is "set back" from the line of scrimmage

So, would that be backfield in motion? Geez I guess I should read the rule book before trying to make a funny heh?:thumbsup:

Reactions: 1 person
Rumor has it that Colton will be the starter at start of season. Lots of praise, coaches are very high on him.

VN Store

Back