CJ Watson $15M for 3 years to Magic

Nothing against Mr. Watson, but if he's like most professional athletes, he'll not have any of it by the time he's 35. I hope someone he trusts coaches him on "personal money matters". Dave Ramsey would be a good start.

Nothing against Mr. Watson, but if he's like most professional athletes, he'll not have any of it by the time he's 35. I hope someone he trusts coaches him on "personal money matters". Dave Ramsey would be a good start.

Debbie Downer.jpg

Reactions: 5 people

I think he has much more common sense than most. He'll be fine. More likely to run into C.J. at a Bible study class than at a club.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people

Did you post this when Peyton signed his big deal? What about Eric Berry?

There are plenty of pro athletes that manage their money really well.

Reactions: 2 people

Do some research. He set up a foundation years ago to help kids . He is one of the least likely guys in league to have nothing. Check out his community involvement everywhere he has been. Why this thread for a shot at pro athletes? It is time to celebrate one of the good guys having success.

Reactions: 5 people

Cool story

Dave Ramsey is a amazing, he's a better salesman than anything else. He takes money from people and then gives them information that is available literally thousands of places online for free, truly amazing.

Dave Ramsey is a amazing, he's a better salesman than anything else. He takes money from people and then gives them information that is available literally thousands of places online for free, truly amazing.

He gives them organizational tools, an action plan, and biblical principles to follow. If it were so easy to do on your own with all this freely available info, there'd be a lot fewer people drowning in debt. Does he profit from it? Sure he does, but let's not pretend like he's running some Ponzi scheme.

Nothing against utvols74, but if he's like most on volnation, he's a lonely loser with no hope in the world. He should really get some help in his life, Dave Ramsey may be a good place to start.

Great post utvols74...you make Volnation a special place.

Did you post this when Peyton signed his big deal? What about Eric Berry?

There are plenty of pro athletes that manage their money really well.

I think he got the wrong UT -- its the ones from Texas that have problems it seems (Ricky Williams, Cedric Benson, Vince Young just to name a few)

Do some research. He set up a foundation years ago to help kids . He is one of the least likely guys in league to have nothing. Check out his community involvement everywhere he has been. Why this thread for a shot at pro athletes? It is time to celebrate one of the good guys having success.

Church

Last edited:

Ok CJ Watson is a smart guy, after his first few years in the league he would never sign the huge contract but instead make good solid money while he is in the league so I'm sure he was smart with his money. Not every athlete blows it.

I think he has much more common sense than most. He'll be fine. More likely to run into C.J. at a Bible study class than at a club.

That is great to hear! He was a great player, and has represented UT, and more importantly himself, very well! Go Vols, Go Magic!

VN Store

Back