Predictions: Will we get a Current 5 star commit?

Volngeorgia

I'm not talking about a player that commits as a four star that later gets bumped to a five.
I'm asking if you think we will get any new commits that are composite 5 stars at the time they commit?
If so, who?

Last edited:
Derrick Brown is our best shot IMO. Considering the full 5 star list isnt out yet. They add more 5 star players throughout the cycle. Usually ends in the 32-35 range.

What if they commit as a 5* and then get dropped to a 4*?

Then did we ever really have a 5* at all?

Mind blown.

Reactions: 9 people
9 or more wins and this recruiting class is entirely different

I think we are recruiting a very good class.
This upcoming season has more of an effect on 2017 class more than this one.

OP I think Dexter Lawrence signs with us.

Also, Feaster and Warrior have the potential to be 5 stars.

Both will be Vols imo.

I think we are recruiting a very good class.
This upcoming season has more of an effect on 2017 class more than this one.

OP I think Dexter Lawrence signs with us.

Also, Feaster and Warrior have the potential to be 5 stars.

Both will be Vols imo.

Wow, you think we get Feaster and keep Fils-Aime?

Reactions: 2 people
I need to know this too. I want to have both. I really like Chik-Fil-A too. Don't want to lose him, but Feaster would be awesome to have.

In interviews with both Fils-Aime and Feaster, they both said the coaching staff indicated they are only taking one scholarship RB this year. So, I would think getting both will not happen. Plus, Feaster is still firmly committed to Clemson.

Then again, Dormandy and Jennings both said no more QBs would be taken last cycle, and Sheriron Jones came in later with no problems. So, it is not out of the question.

Mecole Hardman is rated at a 95 on 24/7, but he could be a 5 by the time he takes the plunge. Landon Dickerson is another possibility.

Last edited:
What if they commit as a 5* and then get dropped to a 4*?

Then did we ever really have a 5* at all?

Mind blown.

Shy Tuttle was a 5* majority of last year and then when he committed to UT shortly after he became a 4*.

The true question is how big is the difference between 4 and 5? Myles Garrett was considered one of the top 2-3 5* in the nation, and a mid 4* named Darek Barnett produced more last year.

Reactions: 7 people
Shy Tuttle was a 5* majority of last year and then when he committed to UT shortly after he became a 4*.

The true question is how big is the difference between 4 and 5? Myles Garrett was considered one of the top 2-3 5* in the nation, and a mid 4* named Darek Barnett produced more last year.

Best example of how the star rating system is not the end all, be all of recruiting. All that fifth star says is who some sports writers think will one day be a first round draft pick. It rarely gauges a players heart, and how he will play in the future. The fifth star means you should get film on him, and carefully evaluate him. The majority would be welcome most anywhere, but that fifth star also means he will be more scrutinized by the media and fan base. Not sure that kind of attention is good for all of them.

Example: Where Barnett came in as a 4, he was well motivated and surprised everyone. Josh Malone got his 5 before he enrolled, and due largely to circumstances beyond his control, did not get the touches everyone expected of him. So, I wonder if it is really worth it to get the fifth star in all cases.

Last edited:

They automatically suck more If they lose the 5*

How in the heck are people still misspelling Dormady?

Thought about this the other day in the JJ position change thread. I think it needs some sort of Poll or Sticky or something to track it.

We could hold and E Wolfe vs Q Dormandy cage match or who knows what could be done.

Will he be called Dormandy all the way through his Sr year? Or, will it continue until his 20th NFL season like Payton Manning?

:crazy:

Mecole Hardman is rated at a 95 on 24/7, but he could be a 5 by the time he takes the plunge. Landon Dickerson is another possibility.[/QUOTE]

Dawg fans down here think that Hardman is a silent to them.

Mecole Hardman is rated at a 95 on 24/7, but he could be a 5 by the time he takes the plunge. Landon Dickerson is another possibility.

Dawg fans down here think that Hardman is a silent to them.[/QUOTE]

That could actually be a possibility. I call bs on pretty much anything else they say though.

VN Store

Back