Can someone listen to Big Orange Sunday at 9am?

Volngeorgia

I usually listen to Coach Doug Matthews show on Sunday mornings. But, I won t be able to this morning.
If you are able to, please post any new info he might give on the Vols.
I'm mainly interested in what he has to say about the situations of Pearson, P.Williams, C.Mosely.
Thanks in advance.
Here's a link where you can listen. It's on at 9am eastern.

104-5 The Zone | WGFX-FM

Last edited:
I usually listen to Coach Doug Matthews show on Sunday mornings. But, I won t be able to this morning.
If you are able to, please post any new info he might give on the Vols.
I'm mainly interested in what he has to say about the situations of Pearson, P.Williams, C.Mosely.
Thanks in advance.
Here's a link where you can listen. It's on at 9am eastern.

104-5 The Zone | WGFX-FM

Don't worry. If they have any significant info Volnation will have it first. At the very least, ot will come to light here immediately after.

Listening right now. The Coach just said that all three players will likely be on the roster by game day. That said, he also reminded listeners that nothing is certain. Coach Mathews won't be a rumor-monger nor do a lot of speculation. :hi:

According to Doug, Preston Williams will be at UT this year regardless of this ACT situation.

According to Doug, Preston Williams will be at UT this year regardless of this ACT situation.

Yea he has said that multiple times. He is rarely wrong but I have serious doubts about that. He says even if the test issue isn't solved he will still be in school presumably on scholarship. I didn't think the NCAA allowed for a non qualifier to be on scholarship. Hope he is correct as usual

he said he thinks the coaching staff is "cautiously optimistic" about Pearson returning

Reactions: 1 person
Another thing he keeps strongly hinting at. He thinks we upgraded strongly with the OC change.

Sounds like he wasn't a fan of the former OC

Reactions: 3 people
He gave an evaluation of all the coaches. Being a long time coach at UT himself, a thumbs up from him is a good thing. He seems to think that the staff is first rate. We will soon find out about the OC hire. As much as I like Coach, he rarely has any info on recruiting or inside info on the players that we don't already know. Talking now about DC Jancek and what he will be facing this year. Jancek has assts., thigpen and martinez, that have been coaching in the SEC for a long time and know what they are doing.

Listening right now. The Coach just said that all three players will likely be on the roster by game day. That said, he also reminded listeners that nothing is certain. Coach Mathews won't be a rumor-monger nor do a lot of speculation. :hi:

Great. Hope he's right. Thanks.

Yea he has said that multiple times. He is rarely wrong but I have serious doubts about that. He says even if the test issue isn't solved he will still be in school presumably on scholarship. I didn't think the NCAA allowed for a non qualifier to be on scholarship. Hope he is correct as usual

I thought the same thing. Coach is usually right though.

I looked for the podcast of this morning's Big Orange Sunday broadcast. Couldn't find it. Does anyone have a link?

VN Store

Back