Vegas has faith in the VOLS!!!

VOLS INC.

President/CEO
How Vegas ranks the Top 25 teams in college football

"Vegas also thinks Tennessee is a potential Top 10 team rather than a fringe Top 25 program. Coincidentally, the Vols (No. 14) rank one spot behind Oklahoma (No. 13) in the Vegas “poll.” So the margin in that early-season matchup should be razor-sharp."

Here are the rankings they posted in the link.

Essentially, the website used a formula to convert betting lines into rankings. So according to Vegas, here’s the college football Top 25 entering the season (USA Today Coaches Poll ranking in parenthesis):

1.Ohio State (No. 1)
2.TCU (No. 2)
3.Baylor (No. 4)
4. Alabama (No. 3)
5. Oregon (No. 5)
6. Arkansas (No. 20)
7. Georgia (No. 9)
8.LSU (No. 13)
9. Michigan State (No. 6)
10. Auburn (No. 7)
11. Florida State (No. 8)
12. Ole Miss (No. 15)
13.Oklahoma (No. 19)
14. Tennessee (No. 25)
15. USC (No. 10)
16. Stanford (No. 21)
17. UCLA (No. 14)
18. Missouri (No. 23)
19. Georgia Tech (No. 17)
20. Clemson (No. 12)
21. Texas A&M (NR)
22. Notre Dame (No. 11)
23. Wisconsin (No. 18)
24. Boise State (No. 24)
25. Mississippi State (NR)

Polls are just polls...but It's nice that others agree we have a chance to be a really good team this year.

Reactions: 4 people
Yea...i just noticed how much they like Arkansas too...good news is other than Bama...we play the 4 teams ranked ahead of us on this list at HOME :rock:

But this poll thinks we won't be as good as 4 teams on our schedule.............or do they think we will be really good?

But this poll thinks we won't be as good as 4 teams on our schedule.............or do they think we will be really good?

They may just think we will be good at covering the spread.

I mean at 14th and the comment about being a top 10 team, they probably have us at 10-3....but thats just a guess.

Can't wait for the days when we beeeaich about not breaking into the top 5.

Vegas lines are there to make people bet.. basically they put the lines at a point where they will have enough money on both sides of it, so that no matter who wins the game.. they still make money.

My only point to this is that, it is not so much that vegas has faith in the vols.. but more so that the people betting money have faith in the vols..

Reactions: 1 person
I'm not one of the "slow your roll" guys....I'm a "we oughtta win at least 8, 9 will be really good, 10 or more will be special" guy. But top 10? Will anything less than 10 or more wins put us in the Top 10? I don't know. I know these guys are the sharps, the professionals, but to project a 6-6 regular season team who had to scrape by a miserable Vandy team last season just to get bowl eligible as a top 10 team one season later just seems a bit of a stretch IMHO. Top 25 or even top 20...you bet. But Top 10, in the offseason before we've proven anything?

I'm not one of the "slow your roll" guys....I'm a "we oughtta win at least 8, 9 will be really good, 10 or more will be special" guy. But top 10? Will anything less than 10 or more wins put us in the Top 10? I don't know. I know these guys are the sharps, the professionals, but to project a 6-6 regular season team who had to scrape by a miserable Vandy team last season just to get bowl eligible as a top 10 team one season later just seems a bit of a stretch IMHO. Top 25 or even top 20...you bet. But Top 10, in the offseason before we've proven anything?

It's August...brake pumping is highly frowned upon in August!

This is going to be one exciting season. Please, God, just help us get a good, solid 4-0 start with key victories over Oklahoma and Florida, and the rest should be sheer fun and excitement. Go Vols!

Reactions: 1 person
Don't know if anybody else saw this on GoVols 247. The Las Vegas CFB top 25 has the Vols at 14. The bookies usually know things regular people don't know. I put more faith in them than a schools jock washer. This may be based more on the ability to cover the spread than an actual win/loss thing, but I still like it.

Don't know if anybody else saw this on GoVols 247. The Las Vegas CFB top 25 has the Vols at 14. The bookies usually know things regular people don't know. I put more faith in them than a schools jock washer. This may be based more on the ability to cover the spread than an actual win/loss thing, but I still like it.
Thanks for merging. Late to the party

Nice ranking, but if it is accurate, we are 3-4 heading to Kentucky game!

Whoa, that's a letdown.

Why can't we seem to schedule a relatively easy path to 6-0, 5-1 and go from there?

Go Vols! Start already!

VN Store

Back