OK: TN biggest game of the year

Neyland Law Vol

Another team eyeing the TN game as their biggest game of the year. We will have a target on our back this season.

Oklahoma will play a number of so-called big football games in 2015, but the biggest of the big games will come very early in the Sooner football schedule.

The game on Sept. 12 at Tennessee will have a major impact in setting the course for OU football for the remainder of the 2015, just two games into the new season. How the Sooners come out of this huge nonconference contest will provide a significant read on what to expect from the eight-time Big 12 champion, who are coming off of arguably the most disappointing of 16 seasons under head coach Bob Stoops.

Both teams likely will be nationally ranked – although at the back end of the top-25 national polls – when the Sooners roll into a 102,000-plus-capacity Neyland Stadium in Knoxville, one of the largest and most iconic venues in college football, on the second weekend of the season.
https://stormininnorman.com/2015/07/30/tennessee-game-may-make-or-break-2015-sooner-football-season/

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people
I don't buy into the target thing. I think every team comes I here looking to win. Even those that don't have a chance. If we have better players, we will win.

Maybe the SEC v. Big 12 thing is also a factor in this? Oklahoma wants to come to Neyland and win to show they belong in the SEC?

Reactions: 1 person
In a way Oklahoma is the biggest if we lose to Oklahoma then Florida is a must win or our season will go down hill fast, it wont be the end but you talking 8 or 9 win season to just trying to get to 6 and 6, but a lot think we will lose to both and still go 8 and 4, i dont see it happening that way if we lose to both maybe 7 wins and that would be a big let down for VOL NATION, we need 8 wins just to show the fan base we are coming if somehow if we win 9 then there is little question we will be the team to beat in the SEC in 16, first thing first we got to get our MOJO going this year and show that we will be a contender for years to come.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
Didn't remember Pig not playing that game last year. That makes me pumped!

Worley saw most of the game from his back and was trying to stay alive and in one piece this game, it wouldn't have mattered if Jerry Rice, Randy Moss, C. patterson, or Justin Hunter were playing for the Vols.

Georgia IMO bigger than OK because its a league game and would be huge in starting to turn tide in league . Would love to beat OK but I am more interested in winning the east. Jmo.

Reactions: 2 people
Georgia IMO bigger than OK because its a league game and would be huge in starting to turn tide in league . Would love to beat OK but I am more interested in winning the east. Jmo.

Exactly. We recruit against Georgia more than anyone else and a win over them puts us in the hunt for the SEC east. There is no doubt Georgia and Florida are the two biggest games.

Neither did Dobbs! Neither did the O-line!

The game was actually closer than the final score. We wouldn't have won in Norman, but Bajakian did us and Worley no favors whatsoever.

I thought #2 was Howard. Lost about 8 yards on a shovel pass on your first offensive play? Had a nice pass from Worley broken up in the 3rd qtr? The guy who wrote this piece didn't watch the game or do his research, it appears.

Who is Bajakian?

Last edited:
In a way Oklahoma is the biggest if we lose to Oklahoma then Florida is a must win or our season will go down hill fast, it wont be the end but you talking 8 or 9 win season to just trying to get to 6 and 6, but a lot think we will lose to both and still go 8 and 4, i dont see it happening that way if we lose to both maybe 7 wins and that would be a big let down for VOL NATION, we need 8 wins just to show the fan base we are coming if somehow if we win 9 then there is little question we will be the team to beat in the SEC in 16, first thing first we got to get our MOJO going this year and show that we will be a contender for years to come.

Win or lose against Oklahoma, Florida is still a must win and our season will go down hill fast if we lose to them regardless of the outcome against Oklahoma.

I thought #2 was Howard. Lost about 8 yards on a shovel pass on your first offensive play? Had a nice pass from Worley broken up in the 3rd qtr? The guy who wrote this piece didn't watch the game or do his research, it appears.

Who is Bajakian?

Good question

Worley saw most of the game from his back and was trying to stay alive and in one piece this game, it wouldn't have mattered if Jerry Rice, Randy Moss, C. patterson, or Justin Hunter were playing for the Vols.

The author gets it -- even with 6 sacks and limited Pig/star receiver, Worley still threw for 201, but, with Joshua Dobbs (+ a more experienced OL he didn't even mention ) + Pig, the Sooners had best be prepared for a better improved Tennessee Offense. Josh Smith, 40 yards. And bring it on Croom/North, and Wolfe/Ellis, and Kamara and RDAIV/Ev Berry.

And, the article doesn't even briefly mention JRM and Barnett (so, Perine still doesn't know who Barnett is / blue font).

THIS is gonna be a good one !!

It'll be interesting to see how Butch and the team respond to all the hype, pressure and target that teams are placing on them. No longer being the underdog in almost every game will is going to be different. I'm not used to it and I'm just a fan. I'm just starting to get over the Dooley affect of thinking we will somehow find yet another way to lose every game we play.

Neither did Dobbs! Neither did the O-line!

The game was actually closer than the final score. We wouldn't have won in Norman, but Bajakian did us and Worley no favors whatsoever.

Closer than the final score? Without a meaningless offside penalty, there wouldn't have been a TD score, and without an inadvertant face mask penalty Tenn wouldn't have been in field goal range for the FG.

The Vols first 19 rush attempts netted -11 yards. It wasn't until the game was a 20 point game that you had a rush over 3/4 yards.

I'm not sure how you get that the game was closer than the score, Worley was running from Eric Striker on every passing play.

The Vols did do a pretty decent job limiting OU's running game, but the lack of experience on the offensive line gave them no shot in that game last year. Tennessee was lucky to score at all.

I expect this year's game to be much different, but suggesting the game last year was closer than the score is laughable.

Closer than the final score? Without a meaningless offside penalty, there wouldn't have been a TD score, and without an inadvertant face mask penalty Tenn wouldn't have been in field goal range for the FG.

The Vols first 19 rush attempts netted -11 yards. It wasn't until the game was a 20 point game that you had a rush over 3/4 yards.

I'm not sure how you get that the game was closer than the score, Worley was running from Eric Striker on every passing play.

The Vols did do a pretty decent job limiting OU's running game, but the lack of experience on the offensive line gave them no shot in that game last year. Tennessee was lucky to score at all.

I expect this year's game to be much different, but suggesting the game last year was closer than the score is laughable.

There was the Oklahoma "fumble" that was not called; it was reviewed and stood, even though it was clearly a fumble. Then there were 2 interceptions thrown in the end zone, one of which was returned 100+ for a score. Oklahoma was clearly the better team last year. But the score could have been much closer.

There was the Oklahoma "fumble" that was not called; it was reviewed and stood, even though it was clearly a fumble. Then there were 2 interceptions thrown in the end zone, one of which was returned 100+ for a score. Oklahoma was clearly the better team last year. But the score could have been much closer.

I agree the fumble was questionable, but not that it was clearly a fumble....probably depends on whether you are wearing crimson or orange.

If this and if that the score could have been closer, but also if this and if that the score could have been worse.

Doesn't matter at all for this year's game. I'm very much looking forward to it, and to seeing Neyland.

VN Store

Back