Andrew Butcher underage drinking

skasper06

Talking about it on the Swain Event. Come on kids! Stay outta trouble. It's game week!

Originally tweeted out by WATE reporter Michael Spencer:

Breaking: #Vols freshman Andrew Butcher was arrested over the weekend for underage drinking and public intoxication.

According to court documents Butcher was, "running around on 40 east near James White Parkway." #Vols

Last edited:
This kid is already fighting a major uphill battle to get on the field at Tennessee.....this ain't helping his cause.

Reactions: 5 people
Can the season just start already? I'm tired of hearing negative news everytime I enter the football forum.

Reactions: 2 people
This kid is already fighting a major uphill battle to get on the field at Tennessee.....this ain't helping his cause.

He will likely redshirt assuming the injury bug doesn't spread to the DE position.

Reactions: 1 person

He was probably going to redshirt any way. His dad use to post on here. His dad is a big guy. His dad will straighten him out.

Reactions: 3 people
He will likely redshirt assuming the injury bug doesn't spread to the DE position.

He'll definitely redshirt. And I was talking about him EVER getting on the playing field at Tennessee, not just this year.

@WATEMichael: According to court documents Butcher was, "running around on 40 east near James White Parkway." #Vols

Lucky he wasn't killed

Reactions: 15 people
Ehh no big deal. If you think it is a big deal --- get off your high horse.

Everyone that young has done stupid things (to varying degrees). The real test is learning from his situation.

Reactions: 10 people
It's not a simple possession case. Drunk guy running around on the interstate will be news every single time. Mega-stupid.

Ahh, that is definitely a bit more news worthy than a college kids drinking underage. Lucky he isn't roadkill.

Reactions: 2 people
Ehh no big deal. If you think it is a big deal --- get off your high horse.

Everyone that young has done stupid things (to varying degrees). The real test is learning from his situation.

Lol @ at being "high horse" because you point out that running drunk on an interstate is a bad idea.

Reactions: 12 people
Way to go Andrew Butcher. Running around on a road and getting arrested will be a good lifetime story and learning lesson. Cops snuck up behind me at a party to get this same charge, would have been better if I doing something cool like Andrew rather than just being at a college party doing college student activities.

Running around on I-40. Must have been shat-canned! Underage drinking happens all over college campuses anyways...unfortunate.

Lol @ at being "high horse" because you point out that running drunk on an interstate is a bad idea.

Well, Mr. High Horse --- did I say it was not a bad idea? I believe I said it was no big deal and basically a type of stupid thing (again, varying degrees) that young people do, correct?

Again, what was he charged with? Public intoxication and underage drinking. He will likely just a pay a fine.

Was anyone injured? No. Did he cause injuries to others? No. Did he cause a wreck? No. Was the safety of others threatened to the point something happened? No.

The kid is 18. Kids are stupid and do stupid things. As I said, the real test is learning from his mistakes. Some people learn, some don't. We'll see the next few years.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back