Crowder misses practice due to not starting?

austin_vol

Jimmy Hyams "@JimmyHyams: UT senior C Mack Crowder (12 career starts) missed practice Monday, upset he won’t start v. Bowling Green. He will return to practice today"

What is everyone's thoughts on this? Senior skipping practice because he is not a starter? Seems odd to me

Typical youth from this time . Not getting his way so he will throw a fit. Kids these days.

Reactions: 33 people
Guess he will get some "quality time" with the stairs then - no practice? great! time for conditioning! :D

Reactions: 2 people
Hope the coaches run him till he drops, as for as I'm concerned he could watch all the games his senior season from the sideline.

Reactions: 3 people
Our entire Oline needs some tough love. They are supposed to be the rock of the team, when did they start acting like WR's?

Reactions: 22 people
All of this "Player skipped practice for being upset" stuff carries the stench of "North has a season ending injury." Small nugget of truth... exploded into something "newsworthy".

IMHO, it is likely that he is upset if he isn't starting. It is possible that Jones allowed him to take a day to rest and put his thoughts together before getting back to competing. I believe it is next to impossible that any of these guys have successfully bullied Jones. Totally contrary to his personality, patterns of action, and belief system.

Reactions: 54 people
Perhaps you should research what happened to the last 2 players that pulled this.

Right you are. Both starting Saturday. I particularly hate this happened since Crowder is from Bristol, but you can't just say you believe in Butch's way, you got to live it every day, too.

As some have said, there could be more to the story than he just got mad and said if I don't start, I won't practice.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
If I am CBJ this tweet from jimmyH gets his info cut off.

Absolutely nothing good can come from the public knowing this info. Jimmy has clearly had good sources lately but that would end immediately if I was jones.

Reactions: 17 people
All of this "Player skipped practice for being upset" stuff carries the stench of "North has a season ending injury." Small nugget of truth... exploded into something "newsworthy".

IMHO, it is likely that he is upset if he isn't starting. It is possible that Jones allowed him to take a day to rest and put his thoughts together before getting back to competing. I believe it is next to impossible that any of these guys have successfully bullied Jones. Totally contrary to his personality, patterns of action, and belief system.

Agree!

It's been posted(fwiw) that Kendrick had some older players go to the coaches on his behalf and convinced them to start him.

Wiseman is only starting until jones gets healthy has also been posted.

Who knows how it all happened but as I have already posted jimmyH is cut off if I am making decisions

After the UTC game last year, you'd think Crowder'd be thankful he ever gets to touch a football at all.

You'd think the entire OLine'd be walking on eggshells around this staff.

Reactions: 6 people
It's been posted(fwiw) that Kendrick had some older players go to the coaches on his behalf and convinced them to start him.

Wiseman is only starting until jones gets healthy has also been posted.

Who knows how it all happened but as I have already posted jimmyH is cut off if I am making decisions
Brett never missed practice.

Reactions: 9 people

VN Store

Back