Hyams reporting that Dormady will play?

Throwing out a true QB, instead of a good athlete, could be the winning ticket. Freshmen QB's are succeeding all over the country right now...Missouri is pretty happy with theirs.

Reactions: 37 people
If this is true. Sounds desperate in my opinion. Could be a motivator for Dobbs. Either way a ton of speculation could be made with comments like this regarding the real state of morale in the locker room.

Reactions: 1 person
The only way Dormady is playing is if we are playing north texas or if Dobbs goes down.

He'll Play.....Against North Texas. Not until then unless Dobbs gets hurt. Dobbs has done nothing to lose his starting job. What reason do they have to go to Dormady now?

Reactions: 10 people
Starting a true FR QB for the first time in a hostile environment behind a garbage OLine is a terrible idea.

All my love,
N. Peterman

Seriously though, I hope Dobbs starts if they plan to play Dormady. Let QD get some mental reps on the sideline with the idea in mind that if Dobbs doesn't move the offense in the first several drives, that he's going in to try and jumpstart it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 16 people
Give him a chance. Look what happened when Missouri put in their freshman. I mean, they had no choice, but he was slinging it around pretty good.

You know how I feel. It's more youth on the field but no different than what we are already fielding and he's a real qb. He'll take his hits like every other young qb but it will pay dividends down the road and you have nothing to lose.

Reactions: 2 people
Maybe if we put Dormady in we want block in the back on a punt return, fumble on the 10 yard line, or miss a short field goal. I'm sure these things will be corrected just by changing QB's plus the fact that the OL can't block anybody.

Reactions: 7 people
This was taken out of context by Hyams. Listen to the whole answer at the end of the presser and it's clear Jones doesn't plan to play Dormady unless the game allows for it (blow out one way or the other, or injury).

Reactions: 9 people
Throwing out a true QB, instead of a good athlete, could be the winning ticket. Freshmen QB's are succeeding all over the country right now...Missouri is pretty happy with theirs.
Yeah some have been pretty successful over the years! I don't know why some on here think you gotta set on the bench if your a freshman! If you can play you can play!
At least if he/the team struggles it will be easier to take than having your jr struggle.

Reactions: 6 people

VN Store

Back