Chip Kelly Channels Butch Jones

VolnJC

and this is the guy some of you want next year? Why not just keep Butch? They say the same things

Kelly: We've lost the three games by 15 points. You don't throw the baby out with the bath water.

Chip Kelly on 1-3 #Eagles: "We've lost three games by 15 points. You hit two kicks, and we're sitting here at 3-1 and everyone's happy."

Kelly: I think we're close, but we need to make plays when there's opportunities to make plays

Kelly: We need to execute the plays better.

Umm. Yes. I would love the **** out of Chip Kelly. Why? Because he has been an elite recruiter and winner at the highest level in college, which incidentally, is where we would need him.

Are you really going to be so dense as to not know a certain few mildly successful college coaches who struggled, even failed, in the NFL?

Reactions: 5 people
75% of college coaches say the same thing. I'm not sure why everyone is surprised by Butch's pressers. Pretty much par for the course

Reactions: 4 people
Umm. Yes. I would love the **** out of Chip Kelly. Why? Because he has been an elite recruiter and winner at the highest level in college, which incidentally, is where we would need him.

Are you really going to be so dense as to not know a certain few mildly successful college coaches who struggled, even failed, in the NFL?

Did he recruit better than Butch?
2009 | Chip Kelly's 1st year as head coach

•Average Rivals stars: 2.92
•Rivals national ranking: 32
•Rivals Pac-12 ranking: 5

2010 | Chip Kelly's 2nd year as head coach

•Average Rivals stars: 3.39
•Rivals national ranking: 13
•Rivals Pac-12 ranking: 4

2011 | Chip Kelly's 3rd year as head coach

•Average Rivals stars: 3.57
•Rivals national ranking: 9
•Rivals Pac-12 ranking: 2

2012 | Chip Kelly's 4th year as head coach
•Average Rivals stars: 3.38
•Rivals national ranking: 16

75% of college coaches say the same thing. I'm not sure why everyone is surprised by Butch's pressers. Pretty much par for the course

Rev, people aren't surprised. People ARE looking for something....anything...to get in a twist about. Those who have made up their mind that CBJ is the worst coach ever really get nutty with their interpretation of his comments.

Reactions: 6 people
Seems that since he was unable to move up and draft Mariota, he is just going thru the motions. Probably end up taking the Texas job when it comes open.

Just remember that Pete Carroll and Belichick were not very successful in their first NFL head coaching gigs.

Reactions: 1 person
Did he recruit better than Butch?
2009 | Chip Kelly's 1st year as head coach

•Average Rivals stars: 2.92
•Rivals national ranking: 32
•Rivals Pac-12 ranking: 5

2010 | Chip Kelly's 2nd year as head coach

•Average Rivals stars: 3.39
•Rivals national ranking: 13

2011 | Chip Kelly's 3rd year as head coach

•Average Rivals stars: 3.57
•Rivals national ranking: 9
•Rivals Pac-12 ranking: 2

2012 | Chip Kelly's 4th year as head coach
•Average Rivals stars: 3.38
•Rivals national ranking: 16

Can you put up chip Kelly's Win/loss record for those years?

Chip is a another egomaniac control freak much like Butch Jones

Difference is Chip has something to show for it, and he did it with lesser talent than Butch has.

Reactions: 2 people
Rev, people aren't surprised. People ARE looking for something....anything...to get in a twist about. Those who have made up their mind that CBJ is the worst coach ever really get nutty with their interpretation of his comments.

The idiocy that comes out of Jones' mouth doesn't need interpretation.

VN Store

Back